Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently downloaded the Daemonhunters Codex from GWS and I am having a lot of trouble with some of the rules. The main problems the allies and Adversaries rules, which are refered to as being there by the Codex several times, yet I have gone through repeatedly without success. :rtfm:
There is also alot of talk about instability tests that I can't find anything about, which is slightly scary as I am a CSM player and regularly field deamons.
I have been going at this for days as the Internet has been down:headbutt:, am I just being incredably dense or looking in the wrong places; or is this just a really broken Codex?
Is there a chance it missed some pages when downloaded?

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Okay that codex is not the full book. It instead contains the necessary rules that one requires when using daemonhunters. This new set of rules does not allow the use of allies and adversaries so do not worry about them.

This codex was also originally written in 2003. Back then chaos marine daemons had to take an instability check if they lost combat during which extra daemons may be lost. However under the new chaos codex daemons no longer take instability checks so ignore rules regarding this as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, thanks. But I have had a look on the GWS site and haven't been able to find the Codex in the store? Is there one or have DH and WH just had chunks ripped out of them?

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
the origional codex are no longer in print, the crapy PDF's are just a fill in (with fluff and allies ripped out) till they eventully do new books for grey knights sisters.
your best bet is to look on ebay for second hand copys of both books to get full info, and in order to use allies

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
And go back to the download location and print out the blurb they have there about the pdf not superceding the real codex. Otherwise you'll get A=holes claiming you cannot use allies cause they're not in the pdf.

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
Doubtful. The codex books they'd care to sell were already sold to retailers by the time they made the pdf versions. Hence the pdf versions...

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Grey Knights are slated for 1st quarter 2011 with Sisters of Battle to follow with a pdf "get you by" (aka, "you lot can Faff right off with this for now", aka "blood angels treatment") codex in march or so.

As noted, the download you have is not the full quid.
When they trimmed it to remove "unnecessary" rules, they also trimmed it of the DH FOC chart and ALL of the GK rules (which determines what units can do what).

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
No the GK rules are still in there. They are located in the unit summaries pages. In the UK version anyway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts