Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1, 2, and a new 3 for the 360 coming

anyone hear of it?

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Deus Ex 1 is the best game ever. You can take your Half Life and shove it, thanks. This game is literally "From God" (for those of you not versed in Latin, that's exactly what the title means).

Deus Ex 2 was possibly the most disappointing sequel I've ever played, probably because it was a &(%$ing console port to the PC, instead of the other way round.

Deus Ex 3 could be promising, the trailer looks pretty, but then game trailers often do. Slightly suspicious that we still haven't seen any in-game footage.

But yeah, anyone who plays video games at all should play Deus Ex, in the same way that anyone who enjoys movies should watch Star Wars. The original trilogy, obviously.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yah. I havn't got to play Dx1 for more than the first few lvls, but even just that was way better than Dx2

as games go, on the whole Dx2 wasn't that bad (still can't compare to Dx1 though!)

I've researched Dx3... it shall be awesome. I will get a 360 just to play it, 40k sm when it comes out and halo 3. (in that order :p)

have you played any of the Dx1 mods? there are tons of them I wish I could play.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
A few years back I played one that added some weapons and another with some more levels and it's own plot which had the President of the United States as an alien (I think it was taking the piss) but the weapon pack was just a load of overpowered stuff which made the game boring, and the extra level one suffered from not having any voice acting.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Deus Ex was damn amazing, especially the story, something you don't often find with FPS's. Even RPG hybrids. Too bad the sequel sucked dinosaur balls. I haven't been paying attention to the new sequel either, though it could be good judging by some of the things I've heard.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Deus Ex 1 is awesome, and multiplayer it still is. The storyline is kinda.......expectable at times, but the gameplay more then makes up for it. Get deus ex, en the high definition pack. =:p

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Holy fuck, I didn't even know the high-def pack existed. Downloading now, and probably another full playthrough will follow.

Nice find!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts