Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having a bit of a time with this one.
Do you require a detachment(primary) in order to have a formation?

Next, can you use an apocalypse formation in regular 40k.

I have a fantastic idea for a 850 pt army, and id like the general consensus for this fluff fantasy.

Cheers

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You cannot use apocalypse formation, but you can just use formations.
I thought as much. This kills my idea, but hopefully by next year if they release nurgle daemonkin codex they might give some formations.

(Mono nurgle; csm / cd allied)

Cheers

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Uveron beat me to this. Anyway, if its the rule of cool you are looking for, you can ask your opponent if you could use Apoc formations as list. Honestly most of those are just funny stuff with limited cheese. The decurion necron shit is a nasty "formation" that should be apo only. Tau broadside nonsensa should be Apoc only...so, maybe you can ask :)

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@neferhet my idea is a cheese list but its fluff viable and definatly not op against a competitive list.

Heldrake fear squadron, 5 drakes @ 850 points. No other models just the drakes. I feel after the first round it will be mitigating why drakes you need to keep on the board to avoid an auto lose. Plus in order to control objectives you would have to slow down becoming a bigger target.

Sure the initial assault would suck. Might be great for a more campaign setting... Some great ideas here ;)

·
Registered
358 Posts
if at the end of any game turn u have nothing on the board you lose 5 drakes would be an auto lose after the first turn

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's where the "heldrake fear squadron" apocalypse formation would be good, you start on the board.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts