Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the forums. And i am more of a painter then a Player even though i have a large Space Marine army. There isnt much people around here to play with Although i end up fighting a Experienced 40K vet alot that pwns me with Chaos.

Well he kills everyone.

I am going to start playing 40k Again and it doesn't matter which space marine chapter i love them all.

I am not sure if i should posted here or the Daemonhunter army list Forum Area.

I am going to start from Scratch 40k a new army even though i already have alot stuff.

I am asking for help in Building a anti Chaos Army Purly to destroy this guys who wins every time against everyone.

It doesnt seem like strategy as much as how powerful chaos for some reason seems to be.

Anyways What Chapter is best for anti Chaos? Daemonhunter, Blood Angels, Dark Angels, Ultramarines, Space Wolfs, more like who gets the most bonus's against chaos. It doesn't matter ill buy whatever i have to for this Anti Chaos Army. plus id love new models to paint :D.

Also Should i be wanting to play 1500 or 2000 point Battles? which is better for Space Marines?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Ok if you're this set on vengance then sure but a balanced list from a more modern codex should be able to handle chaos even if it isn't tailored to it.

Just Bring Psychic defense, light anti tank, long ranged heavy anti tank (lascannons) to kill oblits and a way to kill tough models either in infantry or close combat and you should be able to handle the generic chaos list.

·
Curiouser and Curiouser
803 Posts
Space Wolves or Blood Angels will be able to handle chaos best.

Space Wolves have the best psychic defense around the block as well as the amazing thunderwolf cavalry for wound allocation shenanigans, long fangs for striking six targets a turn, and the best troops (ya, even better than chaos troops).

Blood Angels have numerous builds that are all competitive. All their vehicles are fast (besides land raiders), bubbles of FNP and FC, and the monstrous creature that is Mephiston.

Either one of these codexes will do you well.

·
Registered
155 Posts
a good space marine build should do you fine. a vulcan list should take him down.
i play space wolves and that works for me. i play a few vets and i see lash lists that are tooled out to be cheap and nonfluffy. like lash prince's with khorne zerkers and plague marines. they get tough but space marines have done pretty well and so have space wolves.

also 1500 would be easier but 2000 can be funner. 1500 is the standard.

·
Registered
344 Posts
There are few armies that get any sort of specific bonus versus chaos, but those are all pretty crappy, there are many armies that can field the correct tools to utterly destroy them. space wolves can do it the easy way through close combat.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
could you guys suggest some good space wolf army's on these forums i could follow?

Or because i want this to be a 100% anti Chaos army should i get help in putting together a custom list?

·
Registered
48 Posts
that's the situation i've been in lately. i've had to re-tool my chapter to be a helluva lot more anti-MEQ/TEQ and specifically anti chaos. there are few chaos lists that rock.

i play classic SM. for 1500 pts, here are three class SM ideas:

1. librarian in terminator armor + assault terminators, land raider: yeah, that's an expensive corner of your army but works a lot of the time. the lib is dead killy against CSM with smite, avenger or vortex if you're feeling ballsy or your opponent has a chaos land raider + vind combo. the lib's psychic hood is nice as well, and null zone is fantastic when hes used like this in an assault term squad - drop them off and let them get to business, while he throws this power up each round to make pesky TEQs re-roll successful saves in a radius around his cc. the assault terminators should be almost all LCs for the I4 to butcher , and remember to watch for chaos terminators with slaanesh icons making them cc at I5. don't cc them, cut em down with shooting. the land raider shoots both TL-LCs against different targets each round, one of them even when stunned. perfect for cutting down oblits and popping defilers, wounding daemon princes..

2. sternguard with combi-meltas: hells yes. now the sternguard will go down hard when left in the open but if the terrain in your average game means you can reasonably keep them in cover and shooting from 10-12 inches then rockstar. cost wise, having vengence rounds if you need them, and a mass of meltagun shots for that one magical shooting phase per game, sternguard are great against chaos. but they go down like bitches without transport or without cover or supporting units.

3. dreadnought heavy: unless your chaos friend has power fists secreted amongst his troops units, having a duo of dreadnoughts with one close combat weapon and a decent shooting arm (i like assault cannon on one and multimelta on the other) works well for hosing down troops squads. yeah, you can get glanced badly by 6s on krak gernades but keeping big expensive CSM troop units tied up and dying from cc with your dreadnought keeps them from shooting or zerking or whatever they were supposed to be doing and letting you get position or concentrate your other firepower on his other units. just be careful not to get your dreads by his termies or staring at oblitz for too long. and again, not a good idea if the chaos list has PFs on the troops units.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts