Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like Purifiers (in vacuum) but they never seem to get anywhere and using them for camping seems waste. I run 20 Interceptors and 2 Dreadknights with Terminator mid-field support.
I guess Rhino is an answer but I fear it'd get blown up quite fast, being the only AV in my list.. Gate of Infinity to Interceptors' teleport homer as my Terminators do?

Thank you

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
As an anti-infantry unit, 10 Purifiers with 4 Incinerators in a drop-pod would be bad-ass. Combat squad for 2 Incinerators per group and 2 potential Purifying Flame powers, and you could clear an area in a hurry

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Flesh Tearers Strike Force from Shield of Baal Extermination.

Apothecary+Scout Squad (115pts), and 1 Minimum+5 optional Fast Attack slots for drop pods (which are also FA options for BA based armies) which can take Battle Brother units (which Grey Knights are). If you have any foot infantry, you've also got a cheap FNP for your Grey Knights.
This. Cheaper than bringing Space Wolves thanks to cheap Priests in HQ, and more benefits from doing so. Alternatively, if you only have the one unit of Purifiers and for a couple of tasty Objective Secured units, Priest with Combi-Melta, 5 Tacticals with Meltagun and Combi-Melta in Drop Pod, 5 Sternguard with Combi-Meltas in Drop Pod, Drop Pod, optional Heavy Support (likely to be a Lascannon Devastators, a Sicaran or a Derederedereodo Dreadeonought). Fixes a *big* GK problem in reliable anti-armour (would be nice to have more bodies, but not a gigantic issue) and continues the Alpha Strike theme, while also bringing some Purifiers into the fight. You could add another 5-man Tactical squad to make it into a Combined Arms and get an extra few slots for Drop Pods for Purifiers if you wanted to.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts