Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
From the Day i build my first Dread dreamed about a very special Chaptermaster.

My idea:

Wounded in battle the great hero serve as a Dreadnought over decades and become a venerable Dreadnought with a special style.

Due the Chapterhistory the have close contakt to the AM, and so the Master get his special Look.

Ok, and here some Pic´s

First some Leg-Work:

(Extended Armor casted by me ;) )

Then the Body with the "Face" of the Master:

Close Combat Weapon (Powersword):
<--without Energy
<--with Energy

The Body with the homemade Shoulderpads and the first Weapon:

so...what do you think?

·
Registered
151 Posts
:shok: that a defiler???????????????? looks damned impressive
*grabs pen and paper to write down a wishlist of parts :biggrin: *

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Goal is the conversionof the Defiler to an loyal venerable Dreadnought (include the conversion from four legs to two legs, the Powersword in the left arm and an twin linked Stormcanon in the right arm)

All weapons are selfbuild and i hope to make a great step to an unique kind of Dreadnought.

If people look like :shok: , i am on the right way :victory:

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
:shok: wow amazing stuff there mate. The sword looks awsome as does the cast stuff. One suggestion I would make however is give the foot that is standing on barrels claws like the other one, it looks alitte out of place at the moment and the other one looks dam cool!.

But still it looks bloody great.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The feed with the Barrels isn´t complete till now. Later it will loof like the other one, but i want to try some selfcasted Parts first, before i make the final step.

The second leg is sawed off, so i can change the angle of the knee and there will be some more surprises in the end.:so_happy:

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Very, very cool, Ordog.

I'm sure that this will be an inspiration to many converters. I you wouln't mind, when finished, could you collect your photos and thoughts together for a tutorial for the archives?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the feedback.

If you want all my Pics, no problem.

For an tutorial is it a little late, cos is allmost finished. And the technics i used this time are the same i used on my other Dread-Project.

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1229 <---Just take a look......maybe you can use this for the Archive

·
Registered
517 Posts
Woah. Just... Woah. That's too damn uber sweet! :shok::grin: And the built-in electric lights were pretty original, never seen anything like it before. Keep up the goodwork!

·
The Traveler
2,559 Posts
OooO. I think I'm going to steal this idea if I ever get that TSons Dread off of Forgeworld. Except blue. Great Job!

-Dirge

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry for another doble posting, but i got a strange Idea.

I found in an old toolbox an moldel from Tamyia, an German 7,5cm PAK.

After ancloser look i thougt it would be a cool Armweapon for this Project, but i love the idea with the Assaultcannon.

After a long time of thinking i found a solution.

The "Pak" (count as autocannon) find his place right under the Assaultcannon.

That gives the dread the look of an real "MeanMaschine"

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So, before i cut of the Assaultcannon and replace them.

second angle

(** Small note: is just a Test, the barrels get some improvement soon, complete with an axle to hold the barreldrum on the frontside. Also some changes will be addet to the Housing ;))

·
Registered
517 Posts
Woah. Just just keep impressing me. I'm speechless.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts