Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Obviously deff rolla's cause the D6 str 10 hits against the vehicle, however does the ram still take effect? So does it get hit with D6 Str 10 hits, and whatever else damage the ram would cause? When I look at the rules, I take it this way, but others disagree'd with me, so what's your consensus internet?

·
Jeep's and Harley's
1,997 Posts
Let me ask this one ... If you have a deff rolla coming at you and it tank shocks your guys I understand that id does d6 st10 hits if you do a death or glory does it do an additional d6 hits after that?

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It specifically mentions that if a unit death or glories, they get hit with an additional D6 Str 10, so yes a death or glory means 2d6 Str hits, regardless if they stop it or not.

·
Powered by Squig Tea
7,589 Posts
Obviously deff rolla's cause the D6 str 10 hits against the vehicle, however does the ram still take effect? So does it get hit with D6 Str 10 hits, and whatever else damage the ram would cause? When I look at the rules, I take it this way, but others disagree'd with me, so what's your consensus internet?
Now that confused me for a bit.

Just to clarify for myself are you suggesting one Ork Vehicle has a Deff Rolla and a Ram?

You cannot have both on one Vehicle. Purchase of one excludes the other.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Now that confused me for a bit.

Just to clarify for myself are you suggesting one Ork Vehicle has a Deff Rolla and a Ram?

You cannot have both on one Vehicle. Purchase of one excludes the other.
Ramming with a vehicle with a deff roller is how I read this.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes that is what I meant, a battle wagon with a deff rolla ramming another vehicle. So I take it the consensus is that the get hit with the D6 str 10 hits, and then after that the ram attack.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I already know that it hits with D6 Str 10 hits, if you read my original post you would have seen that. What I want to know is if it still suffers the RAMMING attack as well, so D6 STR 10 hits (FAQ'd, so well known) PLUS the str 4 (Av 14), 1 for tank, plus whatever distance it went (1 str for every 3 inches)

does this part still happen??

" the str 4 (Av 14), 1 for tank, plus whatever distance it went (1 str for every 3 inches)"

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
I already know that it hits with D6 Str 10 hits, if you read my original post you would have seen that. What I want to know is if it still suffers the RAMMING attack as well, so D6 STR 10 hits (FAQ'd, so well known) PLUS the str 4 (Av 14), 1 for tank, plus whatever distance it went (1 str for every 3 inches)

does this part still happen??

" the str 4 (Av 14), 1 for tank, plus whatever distance it went (1 str for every 3 inches)"
Yes it will. It's still a Ram, so why wouldn't it? The Deafrolla just adds D6 S10 hits, I can't see where it would stop the ram at all.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's what I thought, but I wanted to get some opinions online about it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Quick question about this scenario. If ramming a skimmer with your Deff Rolla equiped BW, would the Deff Rolla damage be automatic? or would it have to be rolled for like the ramming attack?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Quick question about this scenario. If ramming a skimmer with your Deff Rolla equiped BW, would the Deff Rolla damage be automatic? or would it have to be rolled for like the ramming attack?
You roll once, only for the ram attack. If the skimmer dodges there is no ram attack and so there is also no d6 deffrolla hits.

·
Registered
591 Posts
You roll once, only for the ram attack. If the skimmer dodges there is no ram attack and so there is also no d6 deffrolla hits.
Which sucks as I miss almost everytime I try and ram those puny space elves.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Forgive me for the threadomancy but the last time my current problem was discussed was two years ago and we've got a brand new FAQ since then. You can already guess what am I going to ask, right? :)

Does the FAQ on the Deff Rolla logically allow a Trukk with Reinforced Ram to perform a Ram? Back then the issue was pretty much the same with the Deff Rollas and since it had been FAQ-d my friend and I think that Trukks can Ram, based on what GW said in the FAQ.

·
Super Moderator
5,719 Posts
No idea. Definitely not expressly answered in the FAQ, just vaguely hinted at.

Go GW!

Start a new thread if you want to discuss it, please.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.