Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, this is an army im working on, the basis being the part in the book when faramir takes frodo to osgiliath, and bassically its a themed army on the force defending it. Cheers

Faramir:
Bow

Damrod:

Faramirs guard:
14 rangers and 8 veterans of osgiliath (4 shields and 4 shields)

Captain of osgiliath:
shield

10 warriors of gondor:
spears and shields

10 warrioirs of gondor:
shields

16 bows
45 models

I never made it to be competetive, but its always nice if its half decent, all comments welcome, cheers for listening.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I think the list looks great! I love solid themes that are also capable of winning and that is exactly what you have here. You are a little over the 33% bow limit set out by Legions of Middle Earth but I would love to play against a list like this. On another note, I love the model for Damrod.

·
Registered
632 Posts
He is actually spot with the bow limit, he has 28 models without a bow and 14 with a bow, this list looks great, i love themed lists they bring the lotr game to life and add more realism to the game, the fight in osgiliath is one of the best bits in the books.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
to be honest, i think themed lists are what lotr is all about, i like playing lists that were in the books and films.

And yeah, 16 legal shots a turn, hitting on threes, and fight 4, lovely:grin:

Thanks for the comments, ill probably build it to 1000 points to really get the theme :p

P.S Damrod is a great model, i prefer the ranger faramir to the others aswell.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.