Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
You should try explaining the problem: your usual list, his usual list. How the game goes usually, what's so hard to beat for you? how do you play? are you a veteran or a newbye? he is a cheeseplayer? and so on....

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
It all depends on what Tau is taking. Guard is still a very feasible army so far for 6th edition, you just need to take the right stuff.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have been playing Guard since they first came out. I just took a break from the game when 4th ed came out, and have been back in it for about 9 months now.

I have tried both a mobile list with armor and flyers and a static list with big blobs and artillery out the ass.

Both Tau players I have faced are a bit cheesy, and very competitive. The units which seem to give me the most headaches are the riptides, broadsides, and that commander in red armor with a unit of crisis suits at his back.

Those infernal drones are also a pain.

Shane

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
How mechanized have you gone? Vanquishers (In enough numbers, and coordinated well enough) should deal with the Riptide and Broadsides fairly well enough. Plasma vets and/or melta vets should deal with Crisis Suits and Commander Farsight, if the plasma guns are cooperating well enough. Sprinkle in some Lascannons for the Company Command, Platoon Command and standard infantry squads. Of course if you told us what the point value you were playing at was we might be able to help a lot more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts