Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading the BGB just today (becuase i was waiting for Red Dead Redemption to upload to my harddrive) and i noticed something under Deep strike mishaps. It says this under Misplaced;
Your opponent may deploy the unit anywhere on the table(excluding impassible terrain but including difficult terrain, whihc ofcourse counts as dangerours for deep striking) in a valid deep strike formtion, but without rolling for scatter
Now the first thing i wondered was how would a Scout Biker's mines work here. If i drop your unit into the woods they are in would they blow up or the first chance you make to leave the woods? Also would you take the mine damage first of the dangerous terrain test first?
The other one is that it says you may place them ANYWHERE! It says you can't deploy them in/on impassible and they have to be in a legal formation but nothing else. So can i deploy them ontop or within 1" of another unit and would that case another mishap? Ofcourse this would be done to eaither stop them arriving or to destory them with any luck.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Now the first thing i wondered was how would a Scout Biker's mines work here. If i drop your unit into the woods they are in would they blow up or the first chance you make to leave the woods? Also would you take the mine damage first of the dangerous terrain test first?
Deep strikers take dangerous terrain tests when they are deployed, and then will count as having moved.
Cluster mines inflict their hits once the triggering unit has finished their move.

So you'd place the deep strike marker model, scatter, deploy, roll dangerous terrain tests, and then have finished your (counts-as) movement and trigger the mines.

The other one is that it says you may place them ANYWHERE! It says you can't deploy them in/on impassible and they have to be in a legal formation but nothing else. So can i deploy them ontop or within 1" of another unit and would that case another mishap?
Your opponent deploys them. He doesn't attempt to deep strike them, he deploys them directly - not in impassable terrain, and not in such a way as to mishap. He must place them in a legal position in a legal deep strike formation.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yet it only mentions formation and terrain. Not possition on the field. I think i'm digging for cheese in a turd factory but if you could mishap them agian that would be great.

·
Registered
468 Posts
You need to deploy them. You can't not deploy them, and try to claim a mishap.

Direct quote- "Your opponent may deploy them anywhere on the table (excluding impassable terrain, but including difficult...) in a valid deep strike formation, but without rolling for scatter."

You need to place them in a legal position in a legal formation.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok. thanks. Knew i was digging for cheese in a turd factory. :so_happy:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts