Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was talking to a friend about deep strike and he said something that puzzled me. He said that the sanctus reach rules changed deep strike and now you can assault the turn you drop in. I tried to look for conformation but couldnt find any. has anyone else heard this or found proof of it? if thats true then thank the gods if not well that makes me a sad panda

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
the rules has not changed. maybe there is a special rule for a special unit that allows that unit to charge when they deepstrike.
Anyhow, beat your friend.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Sanctus reach is a campaign book for 40k RPGS players, as I understand it. It is possible that there are scenarios that allow that, but nothing in a campaign book can change the rules for non-campaign games. If you are not playing the scenario that allows that, then you cannot do it.

·
Registered
773 Posts
The thing he is talking about is the first sanctus reach book what effectively was just a reprint and bit of a change on the planetstrike rules. In planetstrike all units that can deepstrike can assault on the turn they arrive.

·
Registered
959 Posts
There is a game scenario (I believe for Orks) that allows them to assault the turn they deepstrike.

As said, its a specific game scenario that allows them to do this. Otherwise, no, they cannot deepstrike and assault.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts