Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok the question is, say i destroy a Dedicated Transport a rhino perhaps with an assault squad on the inside, if the squad that destroyed the transport is able to assault can i assault them even though technically its not the same unit i shot at. My friends and i have argued this once or twice but i believe since you can deploy the transport and squad inside as 1 unit choice in dawn of war, shouldnt it count the same way when im shooting the transport/assaulting the unit inside.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Whatever killed the transport can charge the survivors.
EDIT: I believe you can also attack them if you have any shooty weapons remaining.

·
CO 3rd Thoth ACR
486 Posts
EDIT: I believe you can also attack them if you have any shooty weapons remaining.
That's not true because all weapons are fired at the same time. Anything after you destroy the tank is wasted. But you can indeed assualt the squad that bailed out.

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Whatever killed the transport can charge the survivors.
Close but no cigar :p

They can Assault the survivors but they can't shoot them with any remaining weapons

From the rule book:
/Quote
Note:Remember that all models fire simultaneously, so a squad cannot take out a transport with their Lascannon then mow down the occupants with their Bolters. However, if a transport is destroyed(either result) by a ranged attack, the unit that shot it may assault the now disembarked passengers, if it is allowed to assault according to the rules.
/EndQuote

SGMAlice

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Shouldn't this be in the rules section?

Anyway you can assault the passangers if possible but you can't shoot them as well if that unit destroyed the transport. Following all normal rules for shooting and chargeing as normal (such as heavy weapons can't assult if fired etc)

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
And just to actually give you a rules reference on that, check the end of P67, under "Destroyed - Explodes". You can't shoot any more weapons from the squad, but you can assault them - this is the only exception to the rule that you can only assault what you shot at.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.