Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Grimzag pointed me to this site.

I am hoping by posting here and getting feedback and interaction on my work it may motivate me to pull my thumb out of my butt and finish some of it!

So my Test Models for the fists.

Tried 2 styles. both over the Corax White spray (awesome white)

Type 1:

GW Cass yellow x 3 coats
Drybrush of Yriel
Wash with Lamenters

Type 2:

Tamiya clear yellow x 3

I didn't finish a Tamiya model as the yellow finished far to glossy

Basic test model here chaps, weathering choices etc, decided the silver didn't fit so will be dropping that

·
Closet Dictator
3,435 Posts
Okidoke, hello, firstly I would not have the patience to do that amount of layering paint on a mini, so kudos to you on that point, I also really like the tech marine conversion and loving the shoulder armour for the knight, so have a cookie, keep up the good work

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)

SO finally got around to doing more fist stuff.

Since last time, I completely changed my yellow technique using no GW at all!

The knight titan lost a fight with the cat, hot the floor and exploded, it's going into a terrain piece as I can't bring myself to paint it.

This is my Chaplain, was wounded, I await a skull helmet to mount on the bike and the red back pack has been removed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

SO my new Yellow.

Based Vallejo White primer, preshaded with Model Air Grey, 2 coats of Game Colour Yellow Ink, 4 coats of Val002 Model Air Yellow and then a final shade with Umber wash.

·
Febris Militarius
919 Posts
Really liking that new yellow, looks smooth and rich. The weathering adds a lot of character.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts