Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my first proper game of 40k the other day and I admit there were many rules we (I) got wrong that impacted how the game turned out.

But there was one rule which made me scratch my head and want some clarity with, this was the challenge rule.

A squad of assault marines, with a chaplain attached, assaulted my warlord (eldar autarch) I didn't have a chance because he was heavily outnumbered with power weapons, so I challenged him, he declined and put his chaplain aside. Does his chaplain or any special character still give the squad there attack bonuses or any special rule if they decline a challenge? We assumed yes as he were still attached to the squad just not fighting?

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
I don't have the Rulebook to hand, but IIRC, declining a challenge just means that he gets no attacks, can't be attacked unless everyone else is dead and there are still wounds to be allocated, and you can't use his leadership.

I believe all other bonuses/rules he give still work

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks that's what we assumed, I wasn't sure if he left the squad as he was cowering from a mighty Eldar Autarch

Cheers for the clarity :)

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
Your opponent chooses a character out of the combat that cannot strike blows or use his Ld for that phase. The chosen character can be attacked.

·
Registered
268 Posts
You can always issue or accept a challenge using another character/champion in the unit. Providing he is in a unit that is. This then leaves your main man to kill quite a bit more.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts