Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Imperial Fists

Votes: 5 45.5%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having recently made a few bucks on eBay, after much persuasion by a gaming buddy, that money has been reinvested into 40k, a system I have pretty much ignored since the advent of 6th Ed. As a start I've ordered the new Prospero box, a Leviathan dreadnought, and a Cerastus Knight-Atrapos. The plan is to build a Legion force that could be used in either 30k or 40k.

My only problem now is that I can't decide which legion. I really like the more-black-than-yellow IF scheme on the assault marine below, but I also keep getting drawn back to the Night Lords. I think their contemptor is best in the range, and, well, they have Sevatar.

So, time for some input from the Heretics. IF or NLs?

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I have seen the black and yellow theme done very well and like it too, but if the NL have models you dig you'll likely always kick yourself for not having them.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Dang. Well ya gotta look at, not to mention paint, the army so go with what pleases your eyes the most I guess. 30k Legions all seem pretty samey to me in terms of balance so I doubt you'll shortchange yourself tactically with either choice.

·
Closet Dictator
3,428 Posts
Fiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssssts! You have already played close combat nutters, embrace the glorious dakka dakka dakka, and just buy the Sevetar mini for shits and giggles!

Edit: What weapons did you get for the leviathan? I am soooooo jealous!

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
However, how much of a ball ache is painting yellow?

Tough call...
That doesn't look to bad actually. That looks like Gw's yellow/ ochre base color with airmail additional highlights and washes.

As long as your white undercoat is even it should work out well.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
That looks like Gw's yellow/ ochre base color with airmail additional highlights and washes.
I know he loves his airbrush, don't know how many Citadel colours he actually uses. I can ask for the cliff notes if you'd like.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
To me it would be night lords: always loved the lightning on dark blue armour...shure, on tabletop they suck compared to the fist. but still, yellow is a scrotum buster colour to paint, imo...

Reactions: Khorne's Fist

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
... it's really only the helmets and shoulder pads that would be yellow.
Cool! Let me know how it turns out.

I think in that case I'd leave the helmets and shoulders off the model at first. I'd prime the head & shoulder white and do the rest black. I know it makes for more work but i think it would really help in the long run.

Actually, when I work on my own models I spray whatever prime color I happen to have and then hand prime black by mixing Abaddon black with nuln oil or another black wash. That way I can ensure the paint adheres from the spray primer and I can control the thickness and coverage of the black layer. So I'd just prime white, and hand black everything except the head and shoulders.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Night Lords it is. The decision was swayed by news of the new traitor legion supplement. My Burning of Prospero box has arrived, now just waiting on a few NL bits from GW and FW.
Great choice, i'm hoping that I might have some spare pennies this month to grab ahold of that codex. No chance of getting any Rubrics until next year though.

LotN

·
Registered
393 Posts
Uh oh.... will you now summon LUX because you have chosen his dream legion??

1 - 20 of 21 Posts