Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to buy one of these models from FW, now I know no model is 'better' than the next but I was just curious as to people's opinions on what my choice should be;

Kharn The Bloody
Angron
Lorgar
Gal Vorbak

They're not all the same price I know but forget about that I'm focussing on the models themselves e.g. Kharn looks like a great model to customize with say, a ploom etc, Angron is just one of my favourite characters and he is after all, a primarch, however, from what I've seen he looks kind of small compared with the others and I like a big, tall primarch - that's where Lorgar's pose comes in, I like the Word bearers though I feel that Lorgar has less 'Substance' as a character than I'd like but he is an arch-enemy of Guilliman so it would make sense for me I guess. As for the gall vorbak, I love every gal vorbak character I've ever read about - they're very badass, big models too which I like however I have to admit that the main reason I like them is because of Argel Tal, of course.
So, what do you think, I welcome your opinion, don't read to deeply into this I'm just curious that's all :good:

·
Jeepers
1,354 Posts
Gal Vorbak, just go for the models, absolutely beautiful. Choice should be obvious.

·
Registered
533 Posts
The Gal Vorbak are awesome, such nice models. I've never liked the chaos possessed models but those FW ones are beautiful.

Whatever you choose you could always buy one/some/all of the others later

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kharn has the best pose in my opinion. Pretty rare for me to like a pose 'out of the box'.
But isn't his pose supposed to be a reflection of his Primarch's - I've heard good things about the Angron model and his pose seems to convey a lot of momentum and aggression which I love, however I also know that he was the very first HH miniature to come out in the character series, right? Which might suggest that FW hadn't yet mastered the sculpting of primarchs and the likes, am I just talking outta my ass there or do I have a point maybe?

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
But isn't his pose supposed to be a reflection of his Primarch's
No clue, though they are in similar axe-butchering stances.

he was the very first HH miniature to come out in the character series, right? Which might suggest that FW hadn't yet mastered the sculpting of primarchs and the likes, am I just talking outta my ass there or do I have a point maybe?
I still don't think FW has sculpting the Primarch's down. The models are stunning in their detail but for the price tag I need to be blown away, plus some of their poses are just lame.

Batter's up!

I will prance away while I strike!

Check out the full range of motion offered by my shoulder pads!

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
I'd go for the Gal Vorbak, for the reasons offered prior: such drool-worthy models!

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
I'd say Gal Vorbak :good:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts