Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Black Templars

Votes: 21 48.8%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well tired of playing space vampires I converted all my bolter marines, now I have a crap load of assault marines scouts and devastators that I want to turn into a seperate army. Also I tried vanilla marines and I just feel like a pieace of cardboard playing them So I need help which space marine variant codex should I play. If you would be so kind can you give a reason for why I should convert them to x chapter?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Would love to see your take on the BT from normal marines via conversion.

·
Ancient Relic
2,430 Posts
space wolves can be easily converted from normal marines and they look awesome. they are also a nice colour change from BA.

·
Registered
102 Posts
i'd say Black templars, they are harder to play with and do require a lot of strategy against shooty armies, but that makes it more fun. and they're colour and theme rocks!
what can be better then religious nut jobs numbering about 6000 rampaging through the galaxy?!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Space Wolves. They are the most recently uipdated so they don't have as many problems from being from a different edt. and also it looks like its between BT and SW for who claims another soul

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
i voted for Black Templars as i don't seem them any where neer enought now a days whihc is a shame as they have some good modals/conversion kits.
I also know how dark Angels work having helped a kid build up a list or 2 fopr his force and another on of my friends uses them.
And Wolfs SUCK! Ya i know they are good but most people who play wolfs only play them because they are good an not becuase they like them fluff/modal wise.

·
U Mad Bro?
2,777 Posts
i voted for Black Templars as i don't seem them any where neer enought now a days whihc is a shame as they have some good modals/conversion kits.
I also know how dark Angels work having helped a kid build up a list or 2 fopr his force and another on of my friends uses them.
And Wolfs SUCK! Ya i know they are good but most people who play wolfs only play them because they are good an not becuase they like them fluff/modal wise.
Unfortunately while they have some nice models, No new codex = Not a lot of armies :(

·
Registered
87 Posts
Black Templars hands down, though I'm biased having played with them for longer than I care to remember.

·
Registered
252 Posts
The only thing I'd warn about going Black Templars is that the OP said there were also leftover Devastators, which will go to waste in a BT army. There's no analog to the Devastator Squad whatsoever in a BT army. At best, you can use one heavy weapon at a time in Crusader squads.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
So if black templars do win I was thinking of making them have the bleached bone color substituted for the black and the shoulder pads will have burnished gold drybrushed on and my emperor's champion will be based ultramarines blue and have a thin coat of copper
Ok so you just want to use one of the codices? You don't actually want Black Templars

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Go Black Templars. They are the last marine army that can use cheese tactics like 2 assault cannons in termie units and marine tactical squads with 5 men having a special and heavy weapon. They also have the best fluff or background of the 3.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts