Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! Welcome to the thread for the

Rules

1. The category is decided upon and posted in the Painting Deathmatch Calendar. This month's category is:
    • Squad/Regiment - Any squad or regiment from any company.*
  2. Only models that are painted wholly within the month are eligible to enter (i.e. unpainted or only primed at the start of the month). Entrants are not required to post a photograph of the model before painting. If you have a question as to whether or not your model qualifies, please feel free to post in this thread.
  3. You may join the painting deathmatch in progress at any time, but must submit photographs of the completed miniature by midnight GMT, 31 December 2014. WIP images are welcomed and encouraged.
  4. Miniatures that are completed in time will be eligible to win the deathmatch. The deathmatch winner will be decided in a separate voting thread by the Heresy Online community. Votes should be cast not simply on painting skill, but on merit, including creativity, application of painting techniques, individual artist improvement, etc. The winner of the deathmatch will be awarded with the Mark of Slaanesh award.
  5. Winners from the previous month are able to participate in the next months painting deathmatch, but they are not eligible to win in consecutive months.

This is not the year long Army Painting Challenge, but a separate Monthly event. Though entries in one can also be entered into the other (assuming it fits into the category chosen for this deathmatch).

Good luck to all participants!

PS - If you have any feedback on the running or structure of the monthly deathmatches throughout the course of the next month, please comment in the Calendar thread as we will take into account any feedback.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I've been away from the hobby for a while now, so I'll try to use this as a motivator to get some Daemonettes painted up :)

Edit: I might actually go for some cultists instead. We'll see!

·
Registered
424 Posts
I have also been away for a while but will be entering a Terminator Assault Squad of the Minotaurs Chapter this month.

Edit: Received an early Christmas present so decided to switch it up!

Update: Waiting on Minotaur shoulder pads from FW to come before posting...it's been three weeks :(

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I have neither the miniatures nor the paint to enter this month. Well, I DO have some miniatures laying about but I've lost my paints. Sad times.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Since time is running out, I'll post this squad as my entry. (If I finish my other squad in time I might change the entry)

6 Tyranid objective markers. Converted from gargoyles and dices. First I thought that showing dice number can be the number of the objective. Then thought of painting some Nid symbols to act as numbers would be cooler. Finally I realiased what if we get a mission where you do not reveal the number straight away. So I ended up doing magnetic symbols for them and here are the results:

·
Super Moderator
8,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
1 - 14 of 14 Posts