Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The orks have borrowed our all terminator army with their deffwing so I have decided to borrow one of their army types. So is born my deathwing can wall. Let me know what you think. I'll probably play against orks, quite possibly a real can wall.

HQ

130- Belial

Troops

285- deathwing squad
Lightning claws
Assault cannon
Chain fist
Apothecary

250- deathwing squad
Lightning claws
Assault cannon
Chain fist

250- deathwing squad
Lightning claws
Assault cannon
Chain fist

Elites

155- dreadnought
Tllc
Missile launcher

155- dreadnought
Tllc
Missile launcher

125- dreadnought
Assault cannon

150- techmarine
Servo-harness
2x servitors
-------
1500pts

I'm going to set up just like the ork version. I'm not going to run away with any tournaments with this list just a few games with friends. Most likely on a 4x4 table which will help with my limited mobility.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm going to start putting the blood angels symbol on all my posts just to get some feedback. I know most it will be " hey Guy wrong logo" . Then ill know at least someone is paying attention.

·
Registered
362 Posts
im not sure if this will be effective at all sorry. the terminators already have 5++ saves, so those dreads are there for a 4+ cover save that isnt that greater than there normal invul save, its a lot of points for not that great a benefit. the smaller tables would help with the manoevering and general slowness of slogging terminators.

i would possibly change the ass cannons into cyclones and get rid of the techmarine ive never needed one if i ever did i would still be glad to spend the points on something else. im not sure what to get in its stead but i would still rather not see him lol

Hope this has helped and tell us how some of the battles go, i'd be very glad to see this work, then you could say "HAH ORKS LOSE MARINES ARE COOLER!" :p

Durian out

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'm going to start putting the blood angels symbol on all my posts just to get some feedback. I know most it will be " hey Guy wrong logo" . Then ill know at least someone is paying attention.
LOL! it could work! :biggrin:

Anyway for the list I would go for 2 shooty squads w/ AssCann, 1 Chainfist and the rest all SB/PF/sargePW to maximize the shots, Chainfist is very usefull especially if you know that youre against walkers heavy lists.
For the 3rd squad I would go with a Heavy Flamer, 1 Chainfist and 2 LCs for more CC punch, Belial will go with the 3rd squads (I always suggest give him LCs for maximize his CC skills).
For all the rest I would take off the Techmarine and at least a dread to have the pts for another shooty squad or a LRC for thr CC squad (I strongly suggest the LRC, AV 14 is a pain in the ass for the orks, plus hurricane bolters & a MM can help A LOT).

Anyway I'd swap a dread for a Mortis Dread w/ 2 TL Autocannons, it will hit almost always and is a great low-AV killer. (rules for the mortis you can find here: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Imperial_Armour_Books/IMPERIAL-ARMOUR-VOLUME-TWO-SPACE-MARINES-AND-FORCES-OF-THE-INQUISITION.html)

Hope this helps, Let us know how it goes against all those cans!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts