Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since we've got some confirmation of this coming I felt it could hurt to give this it's own home for later rumors. The following round up of rumors was picked up from Bolter and Chainsword:

Atia said:
so, we don't have that much information, but here we go ;) Deathwatch, yeah!

via an anonymous source on Faeit 212 (it's from december last year)
thought I'd add some info I've heard, normally what I hear is pretty reliable, harlequins will be coming, so will deathwatch at some point this year probably. We already know necrons are here soon, I don't have a lot of info on that but know tesla is changing, just a nerf to the snap shots afaik.
via 75hastings69
Right guys there are several separate rumours that folks are getting mixed
up. So I'll at least split it up a little for you. THIS IS NOT RELEASE
ORDER, just to help separate the rumours. IT ALSO ISN'T A FULL LIST OF THIS
YEARS 40K RELEASES, in fact some of these may be early next year. NONE OF
THESE ARE WFB BASED.

Admech Codex & models (full release)
***** Codex & Models (Harlequin sized release)
***** Codex & Models (Harlequin sized release)
***** Standalone Boxed "historical game" models from which will form part
of "a full range" (notice I didn't say existing range )
***** Standalone Boxed Game models from which will form part of an existing
range

I haven't heard anything about mark 9 armour so don't associate it with any
of the above.
The two "Harlequin" style releases mentioned are Deathwatch and Genestealer Cult.
yes it's Deathwatch, that's those dudes with the silver shoulder pad right? the kind of SM special forces with ranks made up of marines of various chapters (think they also have their original chapter shoulder pad don't they?)
please remember that these are early rumours, so take it with a bit of salt ;)

·
Registered
289 Posts
I suppose it's conjecture at this point, but what could separate Deathwatch from a normal Space Marine army? Do they have access to different equipment or something?
The deathwatch operate in strike teams and they are the militant arm to the Ordo Xenos. Back in 3ed/4ed there were rule allowing them to be field as an allied unit. They're all veterans and could be led by a Librarian. They also had access to different Bolters and a Heavy bolter with suspensors so that the HB could move and shoot.

What makes them unique fluff wise is that all of the Deathwatch are sent from different Chapters so a squad allowed for a lot of ubiqueness in modelling. Lately people have been fielding them as sternguard vets but a deathwatch minidex and a boxed set would be amazing!!

·
Thordis
2,443 Posts
I suppose it's conjecture at this point, but what could separate Deathwatch from a normal Space Marine army? Do they have access to different equipment or something? Maybe steal some Necron/Tau/Eldar guns?
there is quite some possibilities if they actualy do it, and do it in a decent way.
prefered enemy traits against xeno races.
special weaponry, invented by the Ordo Xenos to fight specific alien races. (like the bio virus to destroy Tyranids that was mentioned in some or another Ultramarine novel.)

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I suppose it's conjecture at this point, but what could separate Deathwatch from a normal Space Marine army? Do they have access to different equipment or something? Maybe steal some Necron/Tau/Eldar guns? Sternguard ammo on a "regular" tactical squad?
Bonuses for fighting Xenos (even if it's just Preferred Enemy), special bolt ammo, suspensors on their heavy weapons (making them Salvo or Assault), and generally just designing the army to be good at killing Xenos, even if they're not as good at fighting other armies.

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
Bonuses for fighting Xenos (even if it's just Preferred Enemy), special bolt ammo, suspensors on their heavy weapons (making them Salvo or Assault), and generally just designing the army to be good at killing Xenos, even if they're not as good at fighting other armies.
I'm all for annihilating xenos scum, even if it's the jerky-god's lackeys doing the smashing. :so_happy:

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm all for annihilating xenos scum, even if it's the jerky-god's lackeys doing the smashing. :so_happy:
Between Xeno Hunters, the rumors for this and just a desire to purge xenos heresy I'm looking forward to the release. I'm looking at building a Deathwatch/Xenos Inquisitor army. I'm kind of hoping there is some stuff in there that'll lend well to a fun and interesting list.

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ah shucks. I did see something like that but I was hoping it was separate.

I'm adding a squad of Deathwatch as Sternguard in my Raven Guard army. If this is cool that'll definitely expand out into a full ally force.
Running them as Sternguard or Vanguard vets is a pretty popular way of fielding Deathwatch.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I used to do that with my Blood Angels. Not so much anymore with the current dex, but I'd love to use the two squads of them I have already built and painted!

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
I just hope we get move and fire heavy bolters back, they were sick.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I will be all over this release, but I must ask, are there any Deathwatch Termies? I know a bit about the power armored infantry, but does it go beyond that? I am strictly asking fluff wise, as who knows what they will do for the models upon the actual release.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts