Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whoever is doing the cover art for the Deathwatch quick reads series IMHO should be shot on the spot!! How bad and bland can it get!! If the writing inside is as bad as the covers (to some of the most amazing characters in 40k, the Deathwatch, I may add) then I pity BL for hiring such bad talent...

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had no idea about this. Thanks for the heads-up, just popped over to their (not very functionally revamped) site.

Wow. I mean...

Wow.

That was the best laugh I've had for awhile. I actually had to wipe my eyes dry after that. I can't decide which one's worse, the wannabe Nazi recruiting poster for Bad Blood or the White Scar about to french kiss his bird for First to Hunt.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Pics or it didn't happen.
You don't want to see them. I googled it earlier and saw cover art that fit the bill. Truly awful, IMO.

If you want to google it, just type in Deathwatch quick reads. The first 6 images.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
OMG, they are seriously bad. I will use the covers to frighten away children that get too close to my house! The Redblade character is a weird-looking devient!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Seriously, these are pretty bad. I've said that maybe if they zoomed out a little, and incorporated some carapace armor and pauldron insignias, it might have been better. These faces are pretty gonzo, and zooming in on them helps no one in particular.

One Bullet:

Hi folks, it's Astartes Bill Cosby!

Bad Blood:

"Mein Fuhrer, did you pass ze gas?"

The Flesh of the Angel:

Artist: Shit. This face is so bad even I'm painting a sheet over it.

Redblade:

Remember the good old days when all the Warhammer 40K pics showed supermen with mohawks and Duke Nukem buzzcuts? Feeling nostalgic?

Deadhenge:

Hey, remember those old low-budget cyborg movies that no one ever rented at the video store?
Yeah! Let's use those as inspiration!

First to Hunt:

Yees, Polly, my sweet chickadee. I don't know if I should kees you or roast you.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
someone got high on meth when scrutinizing artits resume.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Who cares about cover much these days, they should only start writing things better again.
eh, not a bad idea, i guess. I guess they have some problem of quantity over quality, though

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Who cares about cover much these days, they should only start writing things better again.
Although I do agree with the phrase "don't judge a book by its cover" I really don't think it applies here!!

I mean, the content of the book is important, first and foremost, but nowadays you also want it in a nice looking wrapper, especially with all the recent awesome cover-arts being released.

If BL are so tight and don't want to spend an awful lot of on "professional artists" for simple e-shorts, since said artists would definitely charge a penny for a good cover, at least BL could have found some fan-artists who would do a heck of a better job than these current covers! And they would do it for free, just so they get their work out in the open!

·
Registered
409 Posts
That moustache....I'm in tears here, pure tears.

They are some seriously bad covers.

But that moustache is EPIC.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts