Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
I am posting again.

DEATHWATCH GETS A HANDHELD FRAG CANNON?

The nerd rage is too much for me to deal with.
What's wrong with that??

LotN

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Because up until this very second, they only existed on Furioso Dreadnoughts.
The Inquisition's boys always get the secret stuff.

LotN

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #45 (Edited)
What's wrong with that??
As a BA player I've been hoping for this for years and now some dumb cunt in fancy armour has it.

I have more to say but it just isn't worth it and has nothing to do with the topic of this thread. At least the models look tits.

The IMPERIAL FIST is carrying a Frag Cannon.
Do I really stand corrected? He's a member of the Deathwatch and Imperial Fists as a whole can't take the weapon. Deathwatch have received a handheld frag cannon and it happens to be an Imperial Fist holding it.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Do I really stand corrected? He's a member of the Deathwatch and Imperial Fists as a whole can't take the weapon. Deathwatch have received a handheld frag cannon and it happens to be an Imperial Fist holding it.
Not a correction. More an emphasis. I would have rather seen a BA Devastator (that would have been something else, right?)

It feels like every other model got wargear that was very proper for their chapter.

And then the Imperial Fist, who are supposed to be masters of fortification, and have their Bolter Drill, gets a weapon that their chapter has never used.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Ok so now we have the entire line-up for Deathwatch: Overkill. In it we will get;

9 x Deathwatch Marines
1 x Deathwatch Terminator
-1 x Teleport Homer
1 x Deathwatch Biker
-1 x Servo-skull

12 x 1st/2nd Gen Hybrids
8 x 4th Gen Hybrids w/Autoguns
4 x 3rd Gen Hybrids w/Autoguns
2 x 3rd Gen Hybrids w/Grenade Launchers
2 x Purestrain Genestealers
2 x Hybrids w/Mining Laser
2 x Aberrants w/Power Hammer
2 x Aberrants w/Power Pick
2 x Genestealer Familiars
1 x Magus
1 x Primus
1 x Patriarch
Updated the list of models after re-reading one of the images. So in total we are getting 11 Deathwatch figures,2 support minis and 39 Genestealer figures.

No way this game costs less than £100. Calth cost £95 and it had less figures than this does.

LotN

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Holy shit those Space Marines are just about as stereotypical examples of their Chapters as it is possible to be. :laugh:

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Not a correction. More an emphasis. I would have rather seen a BA Devastator (that would have been something else, right?)

It feels like every other model got wargear that was very proper for their chapter.

And then the Imperial Fist, who are supposed to be masters of fortification, and have their Bolter Drill, gets a weapon that their chapter has never used.
I'll admit I was confused! :laugh:

That makes a lot more sense brother. Fully agreed.

I would hope it's assault 1.
Whatever it is, I have a feeling it will trickle down to our beloved Bangles eventually. Otherwise nerd rage may completely take me and I will disappear into its depths.

Proof of board game:

No way this game costs less than £100. Calth cost £95 and it had less figures than this does.
I feel like I saw somewhere that it was $160 US, but I can't seem to locate the source of that information :/

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
I feel like I saw somewhere that it was $160 US, but I can't seem to locate the source of that information :/
If that is the case then it will be £115. And at 3rd party retailers that is about £103.50 at 10% off, £92 at 20% off and £86.25 at 25% off. I know of nowhere that does any further discounts.

LotN

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
If that is the case then it will be £115. And at 3rd party retailers that is about £103.50 at 10% off, £92 at 20% off and £86.25 at 25% off. I know of nowhere that does any further discounts.
From Natfka:

Deathwatch; Overkill 100£ $165USD
EDIT: This incessant double posting crap that's going on with Heresy has me pissed. Break time.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
From Natfka:

Deathwatch; Overkill 100£ $165USD
Interesting price gap. Guess that means that this will be £90 at 10% off, £80 at 20% off and £75 at 25%.

LotN

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
My first thought was frag cannon, but then quickly changed to being a hb with some sort of recoil dampener as deathwatch used to have move and fire heavy bolters. Probably a frag cannon though but guess we will find out in a a week. TBH though it doesnt worry me though because despite being a long term BA fan and on and off again player for years Im more pissed with the steriotypical blood angels vanguard vet. In fact despite loving sallies, DA, BA and SW and having models from all four armies, Im far more impressed by the fist to the point that hes my fave of the lot because hes the least chapter steriotyped of the lot

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
My first thought was frag cannon, but then quickly changed to being a hb with some sort of recoil dampener as deathwatch used to have move and fire heavy bolters. Probably a frag cannon though but guess we will find out in a a week.
The picture's caption actually says frag cannon. Plus the ammo feed looks identical to a Dreadnought's frag cannon.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Can anyone speak German?

The Squad has a Sternguard Profile. It seems though that all of the are Charakters
All have frag and krak grenades
Vael Donatus has a boltgun and special issue Ammo ( you know the Sternguard on)
Drenn Redblade has a boltgun, special issue ammo and two ccw
Rodricus Grytt has the frag cannon
Ennox Sorlock has a combi-melta and special issue ammo
Zamon Gydrael has a plasmapistol and a powersowrd

Special Rules:
ATSKNF (all)
Counter Attack (Redblad)
Precision shots (Donatus)
Stubborn (Gydrael)
Feel no Pain 6+ (Sorrlock)

Profile of the fragcannon:
"Fragmode" Range: Flamer Templ S: 6 Ap: - Type: Assault 2, Rending
"Slugmode": Range: 24 S: 7 AP: 3 or 5 (cannot decipher that properly) Type: Assault 2

Edryc Setorax:
Normal Veteran Profile

Wargear:
2 Lightning Claws
Frag and krak grenades

Special Rules:
ATSKNF
Deep Strike
Bulky

Stealth
Strike from the Shadows:
He has shrouded until the start of 2nd turn
Winged Redemption:
May use his jump pack in movement and assault phase, may reroll failed HoW wounds
Heroic Intervention

Antor Delassio:
Veteran Profile

Wargear:
Flamerpistol
CCW
Frag and krak grenades

Special rules:
ATSKNF
Bulky
Furious Charge

Deep Strike
Heroic INtervention

Garran Branatar:
Terminator Profile

Wargear:
Terminator Armour
Heavy Flamer
Master-Crafted Meltagun
Master-crafted Powerfist

Special Rules:
ATSKNF
Fearless
Bulky
Deep Strike
Relentless
Master of Fire: Feel no pain against flamer weapons and may reroll to wound rolls with flamer weapons

Jetel Suberei:
Biker Sergeant Profile

Wargear:
Twin-linked Boltgun
Power sword
Frag and Krak Grenades
Special Issue Ammo
Teleport homer

Special Rules:
Jink
Split Fire
ATSKNF
Skilled rider
HoW

Very Bulky
Relentless
Hit 'n Run
Born in the Saddle:
+1 S to HoW Attacks

Ortan Cassius:
Chaplain Profile

Wargear:
Boltpistol
Crozius Arcanum
Frag and Krak grenades
Special Issue Ammo
Rosarius

Special Rules:

Independent Character
Zealot
There might be more but not in this picture

Think that is everything.

·
Registered
945 Posts

Incredibly hard to read image that surfaced on my facebook. It looks like the patriarch has ml2 and telepathy.... invisible nids :D

41 - 60 of 81 Posts