Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

You think the deathwatch series (shorts online) will eventually be published in a book or novella?

Thanks!

·
Registered
247 Posts
I assume so. And I assume that, a year later, they'll release the same book again, but with one more quick read that's only available in that full-price re-release.

·
Registered
219 Posts
As a print anthology? Hopefully. But even if so, will it be an affordable one, or a grossly overpriced Limited Edition?

Either way, I just hope they go an entirely different direction with the cover art.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Hahaha, this shit is hilarious. I'm actually looking forward to the series purely to see what artwork they come up with.
Why do all these Space Marines have Alopecia Universalis? They don't even have eyebrows or eye lashes.

Actually, that picture looks a lot like my AV. I wonder if the artist deliberately copied it in homage to my posts.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I can see 3 reasonable possibilities.

1. BL are offering such a paltry amount of money for the artist to make these pictures that s/he simply doesn't see any point in spending any real time or effort on it.

2. The amount of time given to produce the images is too tight to really produce anything polished.

3. The artist is good friends/a relative of someone at BL and gets these commissions because of who s/he knows and not due to their artistic ability.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts