Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
4,491 Posts
Id go for the Manticore instead.
The Deathstrike is devastating, however a smart opponent will get rid of it before it can fire.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Well it might be devastating..though to what side (you or your opponent) will depend on if it doesn't scatter too much, because by the time it fires you're likely to have some of your own units up the board somewhere.

Every time I've seen it or had one fielded against me it's targetted from the get-go and is gone..end of story. I suppose in that regard some might find it worth it just from a 'fire magnet' perspective, but I'd much rather spend the points on something that will actually kill/destroy the enemy...the Manticore is the same price and is worth 10 times what the DS is to a list.
It's OK if you're not worried about efficiency, say in a fun game or even Apoc.

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
deathstrikes are made for fun, nothing more, if you want want just because you want one for shits a giggles then take one, if your looking from a boring competitive point of view just ignore it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
there fun to use (more so when they rip half your guline apart) but as its been said before go with manticore for more kills and acuracy

·
Registered
183 Posts
every time i played with a deathstrike, I'd give it camo cloaks and a meat shield. 3+ cover right there. The enemy would spend all his shots at it and usually destroy it by turn 3 if the missile didn't go off. Meanwhile my other tanks get close unmolested and take out everything else. If the Deathstirke goes off, your looking at a nice size hole in the middle of the enemy's army. As a weapon a manticore is a better choice but if you plan it out just right the deathstrike is just as good if not better than the manticore.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts