Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was wandering into some of the darker corners of the Internet and came across this question and thought some of you Heretics might have something constructive to add.

Would there have been any loyalist Deathshroud or indeed any of the traitor Primarchs bodyguards that would have had to have been dealt with before the Dropsite?

At first I scoffed at the idea but then I got to thinking, obviously none of these betrayals were planned years in advance. It just kinda happened out of the blue, bodyguards would have been selected on both loyality and martial prowess. The likes of Loken, Garro and Torgaddon are perfect examples. Terran marines in command positions of legions who were no longer taking recruits from Terra. If Captains and Chapter Masters are being purged then is it not likely that B/G's are as well?

Is it possible?

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Its quite possible, though its not mentioned in the books. All we know of the Death Guard presence on Isstvan 3 is that they were in the trenches fighting. I would say that it is quite possible that there were some loyalist death shroud on the ground. Will we know for sure, however? No. Not unless they come out with a book that was from the Death Guards perspective on Isstvan 3. Will that happen? Again, no. Not unless it is some short story, though with how far into the HH we are, this is highly unlikely.

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Its an interesting idea, from what ive read on the death shroud is their unquestionable loyalty to their primarch, but that has been said before and they have gone with the opposite groups to their suposed loyalties lie. But thats the horus heresy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts