Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The Traveler
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided, in my slightly deranged way of thinking, that I'll start a new army to commemorate the codex release for Chaos.

Order of Death’s Shroud
You cannot kill the dead.

The Death’s Shroud chapter was declared Excommunicate four decades after being put onto the front line at the Eye of Terror. Early tests indicated that the Shroud performed with great courage and honor, and they quickly established a reputation for leaving no man behind…indeed, many of the battlefields they came upon were the worst the Eye saw, but no Shroud was ever left for the Enemy to look upon.

The Great Change came upon the Death’s Shroud as the chapter made it’s way from St. Josman’s Hope, a world that had been declared for dead. The chief navigator died as soon as the flagship, Sebrus, was in the midst of a warp translation. It was assumed the entire chapter was lost.

Sebrus returned six years after the botched jump, radically changed. The marines aboard her would not answer any vox or shortwave, and the Astropath was obviously dead. A search party sent aboard was killed instantly, as it was discovered that Sebrus’s life support was offline. The Ghost ship was towed to a dock above Chorialis, and an armed mission was declared to cleanse the vessel.

The dock was found two weeks later, decimated. Every man, woman, and child aboard had been butchered. The remains had one thing in common- all the corpses were without skulls. Sebrus eventually returned to Cadia and helped in the assault around the Eye, on the side of Abbadon.

Appearance: The chapter’s original color was grey, with black shoulder pads and displaying the scythe of Death on the pad. The traitors later adopted the shrouded skull as their symbol, and their armor is black with age and death. The Marines all wear shrouds, which are tattered and worn with age. Blackened by evil, they are pure and undiluted death.

Combat Doctrine: The Shrouds like to close with the enemy, where their horrifying visage and strength come to the fore. Many foes have been immobilized with horror, only to be killed by the Shrouds as they close.

Note: The Marine’s fascination with death has revealed one thing. They are not truly living. Dissections performed by Magos Thulen and myself have led to the conclusion that the Marines are animated by their hatred for the God-Emperor. They believe he betrayed them my lord, they believe he caused them to die.

Motto: Nos es terminus , pro nos es Nex!

Battlecry: Death is release!

-Compiled by Magos Biologis Drecken, by order of the Inquisition.

The Marines are enslaved, I believe. Records recieved after the Sebrus' Geller field failed indicate the Marines began to fight each other. The last died a year before the Sebrus reappeared. Demons, I believe m'lord. A Grey Knights company would be most welcome at the Eye to stem the tide of possessed marines.

Note: Reports from the front indicate that the Marines that are wounded do not bleed, and often turn their gun to their fellows for a moment, as the enslaved Marine battles the demon inside him.

-Compiled by Magos Thulen, by order of the Inquisition.

-Dirge

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Nice dude. I like it. Kinda Event Horizony.

Would be very interested in seeing so test mini's or colour schemes.

Keep it up!

·
The Traveler
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll get a test mini soon....I actually want to start an army of these guys....just gotta stock up on GS and skeleton models.

-Dirge

EDIT: Got a test mini built, now just gotta paint.

·
The Traveler
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Shroud color scheme...beneath the trademark Death Shroud of course. Also, as a house rule, I came up with this.

Death to the Unclean: The Shrouds are possessed, and if wounded, the demonic force will lose it's power. Any Marine wounded and not killed by a weapon will take another wound at it's own strength as the Marine fights the demon.

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Nice dude - very dark and nasty.

And I don't think anybody is going to complain about your house rule lol

·
The Traveler
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm using the SM Codex for this, as this is a recently turned chapter.

The Lord of Death
-No one really knows who commands the Death's Shroud now. The former Chapter Master, Izea, was murdered by his Master of Sanctity on board Sebrus. The Master of the Chroud is also known simply as Death.

Death Pts: 145
WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
5 5 4 4 3 5 5 10 2+/4+

Wargear: Cursed Armor, Terminator Honors, Storm Bolter, Death's Scythe, Frag and Krak grenades, Melta Bombs.

Cursed Armor: A mold-encrusted and blackened suit of armor, it glows with evil runes etched into it. In game terms it is a suit of Artificer armor and an Iron Halo.

Death's Scythe: An ancient scythe not unlike the Manreaper, it howls with bloodlust as it is swung. Counts as a power weapon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts