Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about bringing my Nurgle to the GT but are they a competative army. Ive been told they aren't and would be better with undivided with some nurgle if i really want to use them.

What should i avoid if i do and what things are must haves for a tourney deathguard force. I usually take a drednought for taking out armour and lots of plaguemarines and plague bearers plus lord with manreaper. I would prob take some rhinos as ive been told u need to have good movement for taking objectives and stuff.

I would love to hear form anyone who has played against or with nurgle at a gt[uk if that makes a difference], but any help woul dbe appreciated.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I think the main problem Nurgle have at a cometetive level Is there lack of range and AT fire. I'd generally recommend looking Into a couple of LC/HB preds and a Defiler or even three preds with possesion to keep them shooting to give some ranged fire.
Not sure on points but I reckon something like this could stand a chance at tourney level:

Speed Infiltrate Lord with Manreaper and other toys

4 x 7 man marine squas with fists and double plasma/melta, Infiltrate

1 x unit of 7 plagubearers

3 x Possessed LC/HB Preds

1500pts Approx?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yeah i agree with Longbeard, thats about as competitive as DG will get, maybe swapping out the manraper lieu for a statured prince.

The biggest problem DG face is that the most common marine killer is plasma, which doesnt care if you're T4 or T5 unless its tau.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.