Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

Im thinking of adding a unit of 10 death korp grenadiers to my collection and want to use them in a valkyrie assault carrier.

i have the siege of vraks books but im not sure if these rules are up to date. please can someone confirm this for me and point me in the right direction.

also is it possible to transport them in a valkyrie ?

·
Registered
164 Posts
I think the only rules available for the kreg are from the Imperial armour books at the moment. cant remember seeing any rules for them in the IG codex.... but its been awhile since i read it

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
If your using them as normal IG codex, they are Veterans with the grenadiers doctrine and you can select valks from the fast attack section. Unfortunately theres no way to take them as Death Korps (using IA rules) and have valks in the same army.

The Death Korps in the IA books were released before the new codex so the points are off, many people just use the IG codex as its more competitive but you can still build a semi Death Korps list

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats a areal shame, i like their rules and would be perfect to field with my marines....

so using the veteran squad rules with the grenadier doctrine is all i can do?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Well if your taking them with marines instead of an entire guard army ask the people you play against, but you are paying over the odds pointwise for not much gain.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts