Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there guys

I am planning a 40k army using the death korps siege list and a lot of field artillery. I like do like the Kriegers, but I want to spice mine up a bit and wondered whether anyone had any pics or experience with swapping their heads to something else.

Any ideas on what I could do? Their greatcoats are generic enough to offer a lot of options, especially if there were themed around a real life millitary force. I have thought a bit about WW1 French style, but I do not know how I would make it look decent across an entire army. I considered using Empire heads, for example the pistoliers, but they are different enough to not look uniform for an entire army, and if I used the same one it would look odd. The issue is that if they were to have their faces exposed they would need to have subtle variation while looking unified.

Sadly I wouldn't be able to use non Gw or Fw as these are for a tournament.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Why would you swap the heads of arguably the best looking army in all 40K? That's just insanity. People buy heads to make their models look like DKoK, and you want to make them look different? You're gonna spend a lot of money on beautiful models just to chop of their heads. Heresy, I say!!

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Why would you swap the heads of arguably the best looking army in all 40K? That's just insanity. People buy heads to make their models look like DKoK, and you want to make them look different? You're gonna spend a lot of money on beautiful models just to chop of their heads. Heresy, I say!!
I have to agree the DKOK are the only IG army I would consider playing because they look so cool. To bad you can't use other companies because there are a few that make the greatcoats style bodies just add GW heads.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I thought you could use other company's parts as long as it was MOSTLY game workshop. A simple head swap should not be that big a issue since you still have a 75-85% of the model as GW/forgeworld and it it might not even be noticed. And while I'm not saying lie if asked, don't advertise.

·
Super Moderator
8,563 Posts
I thought you could use other company's parts as long as it was MOSTLY game workshop.
In my experience it varies from store to store and tournament to tournament.

Some tournaments split gaming from painting and photography, so you can still win the tournament with non-GW parts in an army, but you can't win the best painted army or have any photos of your army in an official publication.

http://uk.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts