Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Awesome looking minis. Expensive though. I like the whole WWI scheme they use.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Model wise they rock the house. Forge world have really outdone themselves in my opinion. They have a real old war feel to them that while the mordians and the steel legion hinted at the Death corps have really captured. Trench warfare, barbed wire, emplace artillery batteries carted around on tractor vehicles. This army is in my opinion a pinnicle. Oh and some of the tanks are ok too, the macharius in all its incarnations is a great model even though the rules for its Standard/Vanquisher pattern suck ass. Though unless you love the other two for the models the only one you should buy is the Vulcan pattern.

Price wise dear god. For what is essentially a guardsman army it will cost you your painting arm and best leg just to buy them. £32 for a single squad!?! £20 for the command squad!?! Thats close to £100 already for a single troops choice! Lord knows what it costs for a whole 1500 point army. I dread to think. More money than i have... or will ever see until i leave university and have been working at my first real job for about a year. Thats disposable income of course.

Pandawithissues dad has loads he bought but still hasnt painted. Its sacrilige!

·
Registered
995 Posts
Model wise they rock the house. Forge world have really outdone themselves in my opinion. They have a real old war feel to them that while the mordians and the steel legion hinted at the Death corps have really captured. Trench warfare, barbed wire, emplace artillery batteries carted around on tractor vehicles. This army is in my opinion a pinnicle. Oh and some of the tanks are ok too, the macharius in all its incarnations is a great model even though the rules for its Standard/Vanquisher pattern suck ass. Though unless you love the other two for the models the only one you should buy is the Vulcan pattern.

Price wise dear god. For what is essentially a guardsman army it will cost you your painting arm and best leg just to buy them. £32 for a single squad!?! £20 for the command squad!?! Thats close to £100 already for a single troops choice! Lord knows what it costs for a whole 1500 point army. I dread to think. More money than i have... or will ever see until i leave university and have been working at my first real job for about a year. Thats disposable income of course.

It's even worse for us Stateside. It's almost double the price because of the exchange rate.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
He hasn't even desprued them, thats even worse. He's got some of the vehicles and big guns too, but im not sure what. I might get him the death rider set for his next birthday. Of course, he still won't have started them by then. I think his eyesights not as good as it was.

It's even worse for us Stateside. It's almost double the price because of the exchange rate.
I feel for you mate, but in a way it's nice for us brits to get something without knowing you yanks get it for less than we do. After years of paying through the nose for cds and dvds etc we finally get a little sweet revenge.

Just to put it into perspective for all of you guys from North America. I bought a 360 when i was over there. It cost me around $300. Thats about £150. If you were to buy the same UK console over here, it would cost you £300. Thats $600. WE GET RAPED ON PRICES, so pipe down. If i EVER hear someone from the US etc moan about petrol prices, i swear to god i will smack you SO HARD. We pay about 90p a litre. That would be $1.80 a litre for you. A quick google check says your paying ~$3 a gallon. Thats £1.50 a gallon. there are ~ 3.75 litres in a gallon. So you pay roughly 40p a litre.

So basically, please dont moan about forge world prices, coz if it was the same raw deal we get on everything else, they'd be selling you the same stuff for double the price, so £20 for us would be £40 for you, or $80.

In summary, you guys in the states have it very easy.

Deep breath, rant over.

Sorry all.

·
Registered
995 Posts
He hasn't even desprued them, thats even worse. He's got some of the vehicles and big guns too, but im not sure what. I might get him the death rider set for his next birthday. Of course, he still won't have started them by then. I think his eyesights not as good as it was.

I feel for you mate, but in a way it's nice for us brits to get something without knowing you yanks get it for less than we do. After years of paying through the nose for cds and dvds etc we finally get a little sweet revenge.

Just to put it into perspective for all of you guys from North America. I bought a 360 when i was over there. It cost me around $300. Thats about £150. If you were to buy the same UK console over here, it would cost you £300. Thats $600. WE GET RAPED ON PRICES, so pipe down. If i EVER hear someone from the US etc moan about petrol prices, i swear to god i will smack you SO HARD. We pay about 90p a litre. That would be $1.80 a litre for you. A quick google check says your paying ~$3 a gallon. Thats £1.50 a gallon. there are ~ 3.75 litres in a gallon. So you pay roughly 40p a litre.

So basically, please dont moan about forge world prices, coz if it was the same raw deal we get on everything else, they'd be selling you the same stuff for double the price, so £20 for us would be £40 for you, or $80.

In summary, you guys in the states have it very easy.

Deep breath, rant over.

Sorry all.
I never complain about gas prices. I don't drive a truck or an SUV and I make almost twice as much money as I need to pay all my bills. It's ok, Panda. Just let it out. You'll feel better.:ireful2:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah i am going to have to buy a camera first though. but it has been paused fr a while though because the guy i was playing against has left for Thailand and is not coming home for about 3 months. so i have to wait a bit. :mad:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Funny tittle hehe. I think they look cool, I have a commander and I have to say that he is pretty realistically proportionated for a GW mini. I hate resin and the prices are crazy though. Oh and Steel Legion > DKoK.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I love he Death Korps models, however, the army I am really wanting GW to release in plastics are the Valhallans. I have a huge bottle of Woodland Scenics Snow Base waiting for those dudes.

·
Registered
104 Posts

Yup. And if you want to blame someone for those prices, talk to your elected officials. High sales tax (VAT) and high gasoline prices (mostly taxes) will drive prices up on everything, since it all has to be transported from somewhere else. Manufacturing has it even worse, since most places don't take raw materials and turn it into a consumer product, they buy parts from many other manufacturers.

Besides, if I recall, you get socialized medicine in return. Aren't you lucky?

Buuut, this isn't the place for politics. Oh... and post number 50 for me. Yay.

·
Registered
304 Posts
DKoK are awesome looking, have (in my opinion) awesome fluff and a pretty good selection of units. All this is great if you are playing in a campaign, however if youuse the list from IA5 to represent your DKoK in a 40K battlefield, they will be no where near as effective as other armies. Best to use them in Apoc. matches, which is nigh on impossible due to cost

still, awesome units

1 - 19 of 19 Posts