Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally have some free time to start building my Death Guard, so it begins now haha. I'll start posting some pics as I go.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
This I shall be watching :good:

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
Just a reminder, its bad form to start a project log without actual content. =p

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh I will have a pic up in about 5 mins or so of my allied leader, Bubonicus the Rotted, Herald of Nurgle!

Unfortunately I cannot find my camera.....so its cell pictures for now :(

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Allrighty then, here comes Bubonicus! just threw him together from a Herald of Nurgle and a Nurgle Lord. I'm gonna add some more stuff to him, and make the green stuff look more like rotted skin (Im new to GS so bear with me, it will probably look terrible at first). Just trying to think of some more stuff I can add to him.

Attachments

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Ugh sideways........They open on my computer right side up, however I am computer inept, so I dunno why they turned sideways

·
Registered
432 Posts
Ugh sideways........
If you are uploading with a phone, put them on your computer first, then go to the picture viewer, just the standard one in "my documents" (not mine but yours!) and you can rotate the pictures, this is what I do if mine are sideways. I then use a program called "Snipping Tool" to crop my photos then save them into my warhammer folder. This may help with your drunken sideways lord.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you are uploading with a phone, put them on your computer first, then go to the picture viewer, just the standard one in "my documents" (not mine but yours!) and you can rotate the pictures, this is what I do if mine are sideways. I then use a program called "Snipping Tool" to crop my photos then save them into my warhammer folder. This may help with your drunken sideways lord.
Thanks for that one. Snipping tool is gold. Im gonna give you +rep for helping a brother out!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, got 2 squads of Plague Bearers together now to go with Bubonicus, but I am not done adding some GS nurglishness to him. The PBs are gonna stay pretty standard however so im not gonna post pics of them til I paint.

·
3,351 Posts
You might also want to checkout a program called GiMP. Which is basically an open source Photoshop. Its not quite as powerful, but it's free.

It will however definitely let you crop, rotate, and resize your photos.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts

·
3,351 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My first 5 zombies. They are rough, and need some GS to smooth out some edges, and the flash on my phone accentuated some errors that you cant really see without the flash, but it is a start.

Attachments

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The angle of the pic for #4 is kinda crappy as well. He has GS guts hanging out and the like

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
5 more zombies. Again they are kinda sloppy right now, I'm gonna GS and clean them up before I prime them etc.

Attachments

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Primed up Bubonicus (I also added a Nurgling hanging off of his shoulder as well haha), and my Plaguebearers (Also have a nurgling hanging off of one of the banners, holding a bell on a chain to represent an instrument of chaos. In my mind, this nurgling just goes bat shit crazy swinging it back and forth, having the bell toll! haha)

My spray seems kind of shoddy, so Im going to have to paint on some more white undercoat before I get into them, but I am picking up my paints tomorrow to give em a start. Ill probably start on my zombies tomorrow as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, it has been a while since I have had time to work on anything, but my Daemons are about 80% done their paint jobs, just gotta pick up some more paints this weekend. Aside from that, I got alot of my forge world stuff in the mail, so I have been busy putting them together. Need to start working on the GS for them, but in the meantime, here is some pics of a rhino that I have nurglified.

Ps, this is my first attempt at using green stuff :p

Attachments

·
3,351 Posts
Hey, not bad at all!

That looks like a great first attempt at GreenStuff. My suggestion works be to get some sculpting tools, they make a big difference. And keep those sculpting tools wet.

The two suggesting I've read are either using some water to dip your tools, or get some skin oil from your forehead. (Yes. That was really a suggestion from a sculptor.) Gross as it might be it works.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
get some skin oil from your forehead. (Yes. That was really a suggestion from a sculptor.) Gross as it might be it works.
Sounds like a nurgly technique haha

1 - 20 of 73 Posts