Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Some solid work! I cant wait to get my FW stuff and start building my actual DG and not just zombies haha

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Slowly painting up my second squad of Plague Marines atm "Dispersers of Rot".

Heres some WIP.

Lookin at me.jpg

"you lookin' at me?"

Champ.jpg

The champion of the squad, haven't chosen a name for him yet, but it's gotta be bad arse. He's got a power fist ffs! AND A COMBI MELTA!

Front trim.jpg

Back trim.jpg

So far, just a Death World Forest base coat with a heavy wash or 2 of Agrax Earthshade. Then the metal trim in Leadbelcher. Once they are all trimmed up I'll wash them again and then go over them with the "finer" details.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
And here begins some of my Angels of Ecstasy. A Slaanesh traitor warband. I've bought the Crimson Slaughter supp and I hate how the CS look. I know its blasphemy, blah blah blah, whatever. I'm also not a fan of the Crimson Slaughter anyway, so I thought, I'll use the supp to make my Death Guard or my AoE, or just use my regular codex for either one. Depends how I'm feeling. Anyway. I've started by doing up some noise marines.

Noise Champion.PNG

Champ side.PNG

Here is the Noise Marine champion. He isn't named yet but He has a slain daemon of Tzeentch head as his shoulder pad. To celebrate his victory, he snapped the horns off the daemon and shoved them into his own head to feel the pleasure of victory.

Blast Master.PNG

Here's my Blastmaster...

Noise Marine.PNG

Noise side.PNG

And this is my Noise Marine carrying his sonic blaster, the steel guitar strings are a pain to work with but hey, it's what I got. It's the first time using a material like this on my models too, as some of you have probably seen none of my models have this on them.

Noise marine string.PNG

This is the same marine with his gun done up to resemble a Sonic Blaster, minus strings obviously.

AoE Lord.PNG

And this is the Lord of my Angels of Ecstasy. Not sure if I should be putting some Greenstuff on him to make him look more Slaaneshi or leave him as is.. Tips are welcome! Cheers guys n gals.

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Some nice original stuff here, i particularly like the way you've done the wiring and your creativity with the noise champion. the lord is already a very detailed model, i don't think he really needs much work unless you wanted to do anything ideosyncratic...

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Some nice original stuff here, i particularly like the way you've done the wiring and your creativity with the noise champion. the lord is already a very detailed model, i don't think he really needs much work unless you wanted to do anything ideosyncratic...
Thanks Iraqiel, I owe @revolantis for the idea on the conversions on the noise marines. I'd built all the marines (20 in total) and was going to make them nurgle CSM, but when i got the CS supp, I decided on Slaanesh, so I've got some work to do considering some of the models are already glued together. I'm also waiting for some backpacks to become available on Ebay so they can have backpacks :cray: so it may be some time until they're 100% completed. As for the Lord, he's a great looking model, far too detailed to be an Aspiring Champion, but I don't think he feels Slaaneshi enough, but there's no detail I want to cover up...

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Thanks Iraqiel, I owe @revolantis for the idea on the conversions on the noise marines. I'd built all the marines (20 in total) and was going to make them nurgle CSM, but when i got the CS supp, I decided on Slaanesh, so I've got some work to do considering some of the models are already glued together. I'm also waiting for some backpacks to become available on Ebay so they can have backpacks :cray: so it may be some time until they're 100% completed. As for the Lord, he's a great looking model, far too detailed to be an Aspiring Champion, but I don't think he feels Slaaneshi enough, but there's no detail I want to cover up...

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
in true whittsy fashion I started painting a different model half way through what I was already painting. My termi lord/sorcerer. Some WIP photos

lord.PNG

Here he is before he drenching in Agrax, Death World Forest for the green and Ushanti Bone for the cream

lord side wash.PNG

all drenched up!

tyrannid head.jpg

The Tyrannid head, doing it Hive Fleet Leviathan (but I forgot the colour scheme to it so I painted it pink.... its going to get re-painted proper colours!)

Lord detailed.PNG

Here he is with his most of his details done. He is magnetised, that's why he has no arms.

Unfortunately its quite chilly this morning in Queensland, Australia so I'm unable to paint because of this old girl pip.jpg shes shivering on my lap :(

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Its been a while since my last post, life has been hectic and now I'm going to have EVEN less time to paint :(. Snared a job with nearly 50 hours a week O_O. Anyway, I finished this guy a few days ago. Hope you like it, took me a few days with hours invested in him. His base still needs Stirland Mud but I'm saving that for when I've got more than 1 model to base.
lord finished.jpg

Lord finished side.jpg

Lord finished back.PNG

He doubles as a Lord and a Sorcerer. I also need to name him and I need a name that FITS! If you guys can help with that, that'd be schweet!

Lord weapons.jpg

His weapons, all magnetised!

Lord armed.jpg

He he is with combi-bolter and power/force axe!.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Ooh, read through this thread, and I very much dig what you've done with the Dark Vengeance minis. Great colors there and on the Raptors.

If I have a bone to pick, it's probably with the Oblitilators--I can't help but feel you used too much Green Stuff and ended up with big mounds of it, where some restraint might have served better. But then, hell, I've kitbashed my own half a dozen sloppy Oblits, so... I'm in little place to talk.

·
Fantasy Rumors
962 Posts
Really great nurgly project log. Nurgle players always seem to have a great Conversion skills cough @humakt cough. I don't see raptors a lot so it's nice to see them. Finally I can't wait to see more Slaanesh :grin:

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Ooh, read through this thread, and I very much dig what you've done with the Dark Vengeance minis. Great colors there and on the Raptors.

If I have a bone to pick, it's probably with the Oblitilators--I can't help but feel you used too much Green Stuff and ended up with big mounds of it, where some restraint might have served better. But then, hell, I've kitbashed my own half a dozen sloppy Oblits, so... I'm in little place to talk.
Thanks Mossy, those DV models were the first CSM models I ever painted, and the first models I've ever painted in Nurgle colours. As for the Oblits, I can't help but feel the same way. They started as Mutilators and I think that was the main problem, had too many spikey bits to cover up etc. Ah well, I'll get more down the track and improve on it.

Really great nurgly project log. Nurgle players always seem to have a great Conversion skills cough @humakt cough. I don't see raptors a lot so it's nice to see them. Finally I can't wait to see more Slaanesh

Thanks rev! I'm honoured that you think I have "great conversion skills". As for the raptors, they were a pain in the arse to paint and I'm lamenting getting more. I'm excited about my Slaaneshi guys too, I've sorted out how to paint their armour plates and once I've painted up my Nurgle termis, I'm onto the Slaaneshi guys!

That termie lord is very nice. Liking the ability to swap out the weapons.
And thankyou KF, this was the first mini (excluding my forgefiend) that I used magnets on, and it worked out quite well other than his chainfist/LC set up looks like he wants to hug everyone.

Lord hugs.PNG LORD OF HUGGING!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Kharn.jpg

Seeing as I will eventually incorporate Daemons of Khorne and Tzeentch in my army (having all 4 Gods in different ways) I thought I'd post my Kharn conversion. Reason for doing this was a guy at my local GW gave me 9 Bloodletters pre painted, (averagely, and I'll strip them and re paint them) but I needed a 10th blood letter and just had Kharn there, with no place in my army as a marine.... so I made him a champion of Khorne, who was blessed with Daemonhood, but displeased Khorne as a Prince and was shamefully demoted to a lowly Bloodletter champion, in full power armour, to remind him of his failures, and he's working his way back to becoming a Prince!

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Nice stuff whittsy, it's always great to see fluff to back up cool conversions. Speaking of which, I think converting the Kharn model into a daemon is the best use of it that I've seen yet... I don't really care for the bare armed marine look myself but it could look awesome the way that you are doing it!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Thanks @Iraqiel. The idea was to include Khorne into my army with Daemons. As it is now I was given a limited ed. Space Wolf captain (forget his name, Krom Homohand or whatever, the dude from the new box set) and converted him up into a khorne lord. I've named his Caedes Rex (Latin for Slaughter King). Pictures to come later in the week

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
So the newest models on my agenda have been my Terminators. I hate painting terminators. Probably shows in the paint job but ah well. They aren't finished yet but here they are.

Termi group.jpg

Termichamp.jpg

Champside.jpg

T1.jpg

T1side.jpg

Termi2.jpg

Termi2side.jpg

Termi4.jpg

Termi4side.jpg

Termi5.jpg

Termi5side.jpg

41 - 57 of 57 Posts