Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya,

Thought I'd share some pics of my Death Guard Raptors, converted from the GW Plague Marine squad box by the addition of Tyranid Gargoyle wings.

See pics:

View attachment 6584 View attachment 6585 View attachment 6586 View attachment 6587 View attachment 6588 View attachment 6589 View attachment 6590 View attachment 6591 View attachment 6592 View attachment 6593 View attachment 6594 View attachment 6595

The process involves a little Green Stuff and the clipping of the wings near the point where they would join the gargoyle body - this is purely to make them fit beneath the CSM backpack - here's an example of one finished and it's not easy to see where they have been joined...

View attachment 6596

Hope you like them - comments and feedback welcome!

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Vary impressive work.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Badass! Now thats an unreal idea...

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the feedback... and rep!

:)

The conversion is quite effective, I think, and relatively easy to achieve. It should work for any CSM squads - if anyone else wants to try it and post up their versions it would be good to see!

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Gargoyle wings... So simple, yet effective. Good work! I'm not too crazy about the legs though. It's too obvious that it's just a PM with Tyranid wings...

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very perceptive, DH.

:wink:

That's what I'm not too keen on either, though in the end after thinking it through i thought it was OK but not quite perfect...

As they're metal minis I wasn't too keen to be hacking 14 legs and re-attaching them, as the risk of something not working out would be that much greater. I'm going to do another squad and will think about how to get round this, but suggestions are welcome!

·
Super Moderator
8,559 Posts
... I wasn't too keen to be hacking 14 legs and re-attaching them, as the risk of something not working out would be that much greater. I'm going to do another squad and will think about how to get round this, but suggestions are welcome!
Carefully removing the front section of the foot and reattaching it at a downward oblique might be enough.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
I thought it would just be a plauge marine with a jetpack but you blew my expectations away! The only down side is the airborne legs, so far 9/10.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Great idea, Dave, I'll try that next time - I planned two squads, but the second is still in the (financial) planning stage...

:wink:

·
Registered
246 Posts
Magnific work

·
Super Moderator
8,559 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
hugely effective conversion work, sir. and a really sweet paint job! almost makes me want to renounce the emperor and turn traitor... + rep :grin:

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
If you are not keen on adjusting the legs maybe it would be better to stand them on the bases. Until you decide to reposition them. I did a batch of raptors using posessed wings and ran into the same problem because I diddn't have any possessed or bezerker running legs so they are standing on the bases.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
I think they look brilliant, sure enough the legs aren't quite right as they are but they are metal and so I can understand why you haven't gone into too much detail in the conversions there.

Simple yet very effective conversion, have some rep for a top quality idea!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts