Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Terminator heavy, but I managed to fit some marines in here.
HQ: Typhus. 230 points.
6 Terminators, 2 reaper autocannons, 2 chainfists, aspiring champion with mutation, tank hunters, mark of nurgle. 302 points.
HQ:Champion Narburus(Chaos Lt.) Terminator armor, Plague sword, Close combat weapon, strength, mutation, spikey bits, nurgle's rot, mark of nurgle.
136 points.
6 Terminators, 2 reaper autocannons, 2 chainfists, aspiring champion with mutation, tank hunters, mark of nurgle. 302 points.

Troops:7 plague marines, mark of nurgle, 2 meltaguns, aspiring champion with powerfist.

Troops:as above.

Troops: as above.

Total at 1504 points.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yeah, alot of termies. Back when I was planning on doing DG, I hesitated to take 1 termie squad in 2000 points.

But more power to ya. If you want to drop under 1500, drop mutation on Typhus's champ. With A manreaper in the squad, he doesn't need it.

The troops are good. If you could infiltrate them, it would be better. But I don't know were to find the points.

Do you actually have these minis? Or is it a concept list? Cause

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So far, I've been proxying the termies.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
looks like a cool idea for a list, if you could find the points for infiltrate it would be good. I'd be a bit worried that a couple of demolisher shots could ruin the day for you with so many poinst in 2 small squads. If you dropped the 2nd Hq/squad u could probably add in a pair of dreds at least. Also a seperate speed lieutenant would give you some speed in the list to react to the enemies movement

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mostly because of horrible luck on my part, the termies haven't done too hot.

·
Registered
966 Posts
yeah daemon bombing is tough, and tbh nurgle daemon bombing is not massivley powerful. Plaugebearers are gorgoeus (i love nurlge - hence me doing a doubles army for next week) but not very good in anything bar been a tarpit.

Daemon bombing works by getting overwhelming CC killer units in the middle of the enemy force quick.

ie.

KOS
6 Chosen terminators in asp champ with chains
6x6 damonettes
3x6 mounted daemonettes

bang they come down. Your opponent gets 1 turn to kill everything - which is gonna be hard if you do it right. The out pops the Greater Daemon and all the other daemons (making them chosen means its a 2+ as the earliest is turn 3 for sumoning due to the termies DSing) and charge in for the kill.

But if the scatter goes wrong or you opponent gets the drop, its game over.

·
Registered
30 Posts
You have very little in the way of firepowwer and nothing fast, your opponent will simply avoid you whale shooting you. I cant see this list standing a chance against a good oponent.

I would lose Typhus for a demon prince with speed, or if you want to keep him take a leftennt with speed. I would also take predators to make up for your lack of fire power.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
what about nurgle possessed? add a little character too the list and you could make some great models. use them over termies prehaps?

·
Registered
34 Posts
i don't no about you but nurglings are great 5+ inv so they're better than scrab swarms
possesssed would be dangerious if equipped with deamonic talons

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
I think it would be fun to play this list but you are unlikely to win much (imho).

You just haven't got enough mobility or ranged firepower and you won't be that hot up close (other than typhus)

I wouldn't change it though just enjoy it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a new list, 1850 this time.
HQ: Typhus the Traveller. Retinue of 6 Terminators, 2 reaper autocannons, two Chainfists, and an Aspiring Champion. 302 points.

Champion Narburus, as in post #1. 136 points. Joins 14 man Plague Marine squad.

14 Plague Marines, two Meltaguns, Aspiring Champion with Powerfist and Nurgle's Rot, and Daemonic Mutation . 321 points.

5x7 Plague Marines, two Plasma Guns, Aspiring Champion with Powerfist and Nurgle's Rot. 865 points.
1854 points.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Actually, the List should be something like this:
HQ: Chaos Lord with Daemonic Strength, Mutation, Nurgle's Rot, and Manreaper, and Terminator Armour. 145 points.Retinue of 6 Terminators, 2 reaper autocannons, two Chainfists, and an Aspiring Champion. 302 points.

4x7 Plague Marines, two Plasma Guns, Aspiring Champion with Powerfist and Nurgle's Rot. 692 points.

Two Tri-Las Predators with Extra Armour, one with Mutated Hull. 320 points.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I think If your going heavy on the plague marines having Infilgay Is a must, Nurgle are far too slow at the best of times but having 20+ T5 MEQ's at 12-18" from the start can cause all sorts of problems for your oppoenent. I'd also stick to the preds Nurgle NEEDS all the long range AT can get for when those pesky mech lists make an appearance. :cry:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts