Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

Hoping for some practical wisdom on the dilemma I have highlighted in the title.

Running a Chaplain allows me to reroll hits AND misses, plus brings an invulnerable sav to the squad.

But for the same price as a Chaplain w/ PF I can take an extra 4 DC w/ a TH and a PW. Surely the extra attacks will make up for the lack of rerolls, and double the wounds help make up for losing the 4+ ?

Or am I way wrong?

To put in context this is for a model light - fun - pure DC army. Wipeout! here I come.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I think that it kinda depends on what else is in your army however i like having more of a unit that a buff guy usually (figure that the IG player I am). If you are lacking an HQ at the moment (you have zero) grab a chaplain but if you're running Astorath then just add the extra guys

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
I think a Reclusiarch is probably better to have as he has higher stats across the board. I wouldn't give them a fist at all though as they have higher int. and IC so you're paying points to lower the init. even more and if it is used he can be targetted before he gets to attack. If it is a normal chaplain however I'd go with the DC bump up.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
depends on how you use them really. If your loading them into an landraider then the extra attacks will come in handy if they will all fit in there but if they are jumping around then the re-roll can mean you can keep bouncing around easily. Others will disagree with me i'm sure but i persoanly think that Death Company should only ever been used in 1 of 3 ways;
1 - A unit of upto 10 in a Landriader and unload them in your oppoents face
2 - Astorath and a unit of 5-10 jumping around
3 - Drop them in and got to town on what ever moves...often best for anti-tank jobs with the amount of power fists and hammers they can take.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts