Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys following my last post showing my Dante and Killa can etc. I finally got round to finishing my Blood Angels Chaplain and Death company. I used 5 normal assault marines and mixed them with the Death Company box. good thing with the Death Company box set is there is so many parts to use i have some left over that would be great for making Sanct priests/honor gaurd or vet sarges with etc.

I Tried to make the Chaplain have a good result but im not sure if i got it. I cant seem to get the armor finish right i need to learn/practice painting black armor more. my Death Company was rushed a little as i painted the first 6 all at once.

I am totally crap at painting black armor i tried a few ways on a single old model and it looked awful but i wanted them to look a little worn and a bit more shape then just gray lines all over the high edges of the black armor so i went for the drybrush approach. Bigger units and characters i like take a bit more time with. still have 4 more death company to paint and then another 10 when i get them open.

Hope you like them and they should look good on the table im sure.

Sorry didnt finish the bases but i have been working on my gaming board project. Link about that is below if interested.

Thank you for reading and any feedback or advice on painting Black armor is most welcome.

·
Unfinished Project King
7,409 Posts
Looks great dude! Excellent work all around, especially like how deep your reds are! +rep

·
Registered
667 Posts
Excellent work whiskey! I love the chaplain.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Nice models you have there!! Quick question is the pistol arm on the Chappy come attached or did u glue it on. The reason why I ask is I was looking for a Chappy Model I can stick an Inferno Pistol on. Thanks :victory:

·
Registered
742 Posts
The chaplain looks around as good as a metal model can look without 'Eavy Metal or something involved. (They cheat, believe my words!)

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
I'm completely sympathetic about the painting black thing - its bloody hard - that said you've done a magnificent job on these guys. Do you know how you're going to paint the bases yet?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts