Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Deamon Prince Ideas

3K views 28 replies 9 participants last post by  Gore Hunter 
#1 ·
Thought I'd share some ideas for my DP with you guys..

Well first I'm gonna put some good old toothpick spikes on his armour colar thing. Maybe some wings? I was actually thinkin that a jump back would be cool, but not the kinda thing for a DP?

I'm gonna cut the sword and put it the other way up, like point down. And make him pointing at something..

Can anyone thing of anthing original for Deamon Princes? I can't think of anything else really, any ideas would be helpful. There's loads of DP conversions out there, so most of the ideas have been taken..

#2 ·
Anything you can model is worth trying. There is no set type of conversion that you can do on a Daemon Prince so go wild, get crazy with it. In order for us to give more specific ideas for you to use though, what kind of prince will it be, Khorne, Slaanesh, etc?

#3 ·
Chaos Undivided..

The only thing I don't want on my DP is like stupid mutations and such. Which does kinda limit things a little.. I know that I'm gonna put spikes all over him, make him a little more Undivided looking..

#5 ·
I was thinkin a Kai Gun? But I'm no so good with the rules like. Dunno if it's worth it.. Maybe a robotic leg, but that's an Iron Warriors thing..

My army is Chaos Undivided..

#6 ·
Undivided yes, but Alpha Legion? Iron Warriors? or Black Legion etc?.

BIG SUGGESTION ! with the new codex lurking I would wait, I hear that DPs can't have daemon weapons.
I Have a lot of now usless minis that I have spent ages converting and painting and you really don't want that, its quite soul destroying. (probably a bad choice of words as a Chaos player. :lol: )

#7 ·
Black Legion.. I thought Undivided was the name for Black Legion too 0.o I don't really battle them, I just make them..

Oh yeah, I forgot about the codex. When's it due out like? Haha, true!

#8 ·
I hear that DPs can't have daemon weapons.
Correct, they can't take them. And the codex is due out Sept 19th iirc.

#10 ·
I was planning on converting him to be standing taller, like without the whole hunched over look..

It's no hard to add a claw or few. Just use the hole thing that's above his left hand, no idea what that supposed to be anyways..

#12 ·
I always thought that Kai Gun was a bit wimpy for a Demon Prince. I used the Be'lakor model for my Tzeetch-themed army. Painted him in a reflective paint I got at Home Depot. It fits. He's carrying that sword he comes with and a purple-tinted Kai Gun (A Heavy Bolter with a Chaos Gun barrel.)

-Dirge

#13 ·
I was thinking it was supposed to be a Kai Gun! But I thought the Kai Gun was supposed to be a big bolter or something?

I was thinking of using my Be'lakor for my army, but then I thought I'd try to convert a DP, could be interesting!.. And what is a Chaos Gun man?

#14 ·
Well, one plan I had for a Daemon Prince was to make a simple Khornate Chaos Lord-type model, but glue on a number of animated chains or razor wire around it, using a few spare models as victims. The idea of the guy just standing there while the chains slaughter anything nearby was too cool to pass up.

Naturally, they'll count as a Daemon Weapon and an Invulnerable save.

#16 ·
Aslomov said:
I was thinking it was supposed to be a Kai Gun! But I thought the Kai Gun was supposed to be a big bolter or something?

I was thinking of using my Be'lakor for my army, but then I thought I'd try to convert a DP, could be interesting!.. And what is a Chaos Gun man?
I use Be'lakor as my daemon prince... the model is too awesome not to use. Admittedly, he'd probably be better as a Greater Daemon in the new codex, since he has that strong Undivided feel and the Greater Daemon entry in the new codex is a bit of a catch-all for the larger denizens of the warp.

I think if I were to make a new Daemon Prince, I'd probably at least use his sword and his wings, and figure out how to make them fit on the Chaos Space Marine Daemon Prince model.

#17 ·
Yeah, he is a really cool model. But I like conversions, and I don't want to convert him tbh! lol

Greater Deamon? Ain't they the Bloodthirster and that?

Be'lakor's wings are a bit on the small side? I dunno. He does ha s a cool sword. Maybe a bit bigger would look better on a DP?

#18 ·
Yes, but in the new Codex, there's just a generic greater daemon... no bloodthirster, lord of change, keeper of secrets, or great unclean one. They all use the same profile and rules. Same idea with the lesser daemons in the new codex-- bloodletters, daemonettes, plaguebearers, and horrors are all one and the same rules-wise with the new book.

#20 ·
Yes and no. It's a bit bland, although with the Daemon Codex coming out in 2008, it's entirely possible that these are just going to represent random Undivided daemons. The good idea is purely from a modelling standpoint, since you aren't really forced towards a certain imagery due to the daemon's nature. You could use Plague Zombies as daemons if you really wanted to, and not worry about what to count them as now, for example.

#21 ·
Ah.. Yeah, I was thinking of using plague zombie's, but didn't want to 'cause they're associated with Nurlge. I have a heap of them lying around and was wanting to do something with them..

#22 ·
Aslomov, it is a bit of a shameless plug on my part but check out my Daemon Prince for some ideas that you can use:

http://www.coolminiornot.com/162810

Added wings, greenstuffed a 3rd eye and the eyes on his shoulderpad, the filling for the shoulders around the wings, parts of the legs, the tzeentch symbol on the chest, the flames around the left hand, repositioned the right leg and left arm and head, added a battlesuit to make him look like he just killed it, etc.

#23 ·
Nah, it's cool man..

I've seen your DP before, it's pretty cool. Personaly, I wouldn't have put the battlesuit on the base, never really liked the idea of like dead things on bases etc.. Good conversion though man. How did you make the loin cloth thing?

#24 ·
Greenstuff, very easy to do. There is actually a tutorial by Dark Messiah on how to do them in the Tutorials forum. Took no time at all.

#26 ·
I think I've decided on what I want his weapon to look like..

Something like that, but with the weapon turned the other way round, and the shape of it will be something like this..

Might have another blade on the other end too. Sculpting faces on the staff would look pretty sweet I recon. I'd have to think of an idea for the other hand 'cause I don't want him having two blades..

I was also thinking of making my own wings, the plastic dragon wings are a bit too plain for me.. Any of you guys have any ideas for making wings from scratch? Plasticard I'd imagine would be my best bet? Make a wire armature and sculp flesh and what-not over it, then plasticard for the membrain (is that it? 0.o lol) The only trouble is that I dunno if I can sculpt muscles and such easily, never done it..

I have a set of two big horns I may use on his head, God knows where I got them from. Was also thinking of sculpting two little horns coming out his forehead. Might convert him so he's not in a kinda squating sorta positon, make him a bit more emposing, and make him so he's got one leg on top of something, like rubble. I dunno..

Anyways, and ideas would be cool guys, and enjoy..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.