Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the Reaver Jetbike Drug Chart, a roll of 1 Ignors all fall back results and advances after a combat and never conslidate. In Game terms this means what exactly?

Animus Vitae, how does the +1 WS/S kick in? After I win a combat with the Lord or taken a prisoner? In 5th Victory Pts dont matter all that much, and taking Prisoners seems like a outdated rule.

Can my Reaver Jetbike Lord use Plasma Gernades?

Wych Weapons cost 1 Pt per model. However if I choose the Wych Weapons do I have to pay for the whole sqaud or pay for a few?

Finnaly Grotesques have a specific feel no pain. Any weapon below S 6 cannot hurt them at range. Got that. In CC do they still benefit from the normal FNP rule, or becuase it has specific written rules in it means in a Tourney that in CC they just get ripped to shreds?

One more thing, a IC with Combat Drugs in a Wych Squad allows the Wyches to roll on the IC Drug Chart every time the IC does?

Thanx in advance.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Finnaly Grotesques have a specific feel no pain. Any weapon below S 6 cannot hurt them at range. Got that. In CC do they still benefit from the normal FNP rule, or becuase it has specific written rules in it means in a Tourney that in CC they just get ripped to shreds?
You use their specific FNP rule.
They essentially ignore any weapon below S6 (so any weapon that can wound them is going to cause ID wounds) for shooting wounds.
In cc, you can hack them to bits to stop them.

Don't forget their other rule about causing fallback moves, either.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
On the Reaver Jetbike Drug Chart, a roll of 1 Ignors all fall back results and advances after a combat and never conslidate. In Game terms this means what exactly?
The FAQ states that it makes them fearless and prevents Hellions from using their Hit n' Run special rule.

Animus Vitae, how does the +1 WS/S kick in? After I win a combat with the Lord or taken a prisoner? In 5th Victory Pts dont matter all that much, and taking Prisoners seems like a outdated rule.
You take prisoners as stated in the codex. You just never receive the victory points.

Can my Reaver Jetbike Lord use Plasma Gernades?
Yes.

Wych Weapons cost 1 Pt per model. However if I choose the Wych Weapons do I have to pay for the whole sqaud or pay for a few?
Whole squad. The entry mentioning that they don't all need to have them is talking about WYSIWYG.

They only use their own FNP, so they are considerably easier to kill in H2H.

One more thing, a IC with Combat Drugs in a Wych Squad allows the Wyches to roll on the IC Drug Chart every time the IC does?
No. The Whyches use what they rolled for at the beginning of the game. The IC (or succubus if given the dispenser) replace the drugs rule with those given for Combat Drugs in the wargear section.
Thanx in advance.
You're welcome.

·
Registered
596 Posts
It is worth noting that Victory Points aren't completely ignored. The rulebook does suggest using them for tie breaking if you don't like ties (like the ever frequent 1-1 or 0-0 ties in objective missions).

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright I now need further Clarification for Combat Drugs of my Archon or Succubus in a Wych unit.

a) Do I have to roll seperate for each model to see if they overdose.

b) Or just the Succubus/Archon suffer penalties while the rest of the squad gets the benefits.

Also If the Cobat Drug carrier is killed, does the unit fall back to the original Drug rolled at the Begiining?

I fell like a noob with this new army.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Alright I now need further Clarification for Combat Drugs of my Archon or Succubus in a Wych unit.

a) Do I have to roll seperate for each model to see if they overdose.
No. Like I said earlier, only the model with the dispenser use the wargear rules for combat drugs. The rest of the squads roll once at the start of the game.
b) Or just the Succubus/Archon suffer penalties while the rest of the squad gets the benefits.
Only the character using the Combat Drug Dispenser will suffer a wound (or die). Standard whyches, jetbikes and hellions can NEVER overdose as they use their own Combat Drugs rules, not the wargear ones. Seems like your being confused by the fact that they share name (and bonuses). I repeat, they use two different rules, and these do not combine in any way really. Either you have the rule standard, or you purchase the dispenser and follows the rules it lays out. Nothing more, nothing less.
Also If the Cobat Drug carrier is killed, does the unit fall back to the original Drug rolled at the Begiining?
Since they have been using their original roll the entire game I'd assume they still do after the IC is put to rest :)
I fell like a noob with this new army.
And you should. Lol, just kidding. Hope it clarifies it somewhat.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay, thats why I was confuse, I thought that the IC/Succubus with Combat Drugs replaces the sqauds Drug rule. It effects only the unit with the Combat Drugs. Alright.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Yep, so giving a succubus a dispenser is a waste of points. It's only really worth giving to characters since they don't die at the first duplicate rolls ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts