Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,028 Posts
Hey,

I am facing a bit of a conundrum. The release of the new Harlequin figurines, which are "freakin' epic", absolutely demand to be in my army. But in order to make them fit in my 1500pt army, I have to ditch two other units to fit them in. So the question is, is it worth it??

Here are the unit I am thinking about replacing; (I have copied their stats and special rules from the 5th DE Codex.)

Scourges x 5 - 130pts
-2 x Splinter Cannons


Talos Pain Engine - 130pts
-Chain-flails
-Ichor Injector
-Twin-linked Haywire Blaster


And I would replace them with these bad boys; (Their new stats, rules and weapon stats are below)

Harlequins x 5
-Troupe Master
-2 x Harlequin’s Embraces
-2 x Harlequin’s Kisses
-1 x Harlequin’s Caress (Master)
- 1 x Neuro Disruptor (Master)

1 x Solitaire

http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=12484
http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=12485

http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=12490

So... which unit duo is better, and which should I keep in my 1500pts army??


LotN
 

·
Rattlehead
Joined
·
6,741 Posts
I'd personally take the Harlequins any day - while the Harlies themselves probably need to borrow a Raider, the Solitaire is a really nice thing to have bouncing around the enemy lines devastating small supporting units - from what I can see, he can really give Broadsides, Devastators and the like a very bad time of it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,830 Posts
Quins still suck, apart from taking a minimum unit with Power Sword as a tax of the same cost as the current Dex; Eldar to take a Solitaire. Nothing changes their fundamental problem from the Eldar codex (yay! Fear and Plasma Grenades! Something that 80%+ of the meta ignores outright and the other 20% usually have a 75% chance of passing or are already so shitty in combat that it won't matter that they now hit on 5's rather than 4's while Plasma Nades allow you to assault units hiding in cover - that very same thing that 95% of the other elite combat units in the game could already do!) unless their transport is better than a Venom (i.e I'd very much doubt it, pending cost, considering its presumed 12 man capacity) it's not worth it.

110pt tax for a Solitaire can get in the bin.



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,830 Posts
No option for it in the Quins Dex by the looks of things, and unless running Realspace Raiders, there are better options than requiring yet another unit tax to make them viable.

If you're already running venoms, then cool, but you're still having to ship in another unit to make Quins actually useable and less of a tax for the Solitaire, whereas you could take any other unit and do better.



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
 

·
Rattlehead
Joined
·
6,741 Posts
No option for it in the Quins Dex by the looks of things, and unless running Realspace Raiders, there are better options than requiring yet another unit tax to make them viable.

If you're already running venoms, then cool, but you're still having to ship in another unit to make Quins actually useable and less of a tax for the Solitaire, whereas you could take any other unit and do better.
You can buy Venoms or Raiders as Fast Attack slots; sure, you probably have better things to do, but I don't think it's an awful choice and not a 'tax'; five Harlequins in a Venom with a Kiss or two could make for a reasonable counter-assault unit.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
New question, this time gear based.

The Sybarites in my Warrior Squads, are they worth keeping? It costs 30pts for all three of them together, yet I wonder if they are superfluous since the purpose of the Warriors is mobile fire and not to get pinned down.

Should I take the Sybarites out and replace them with some better gear for my Scourges and Harlequins??


LotN
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top