Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i had this thought as im trying to decide the direction of my bloodravens army...how cool it would be to try and make the DOW to table top..now i know this really cant be done but how close could we get it "rules Wise"?

i was thinking something like..
8x4 tabl2
4 to 6 players
1200 points
tones of terrain
must have a scout unit

so you would spread objectives arounds the table..say at least enough for 3-4 each but must be placed no close than 12" to the table edge

deployment people would roll off to see who deployed first and where they would like too..
but can only deploy their scout unit..and once they have secured an objective they may call for a reserve unit of their choice..placed withing 3" of the objective.
would need a 3+ maybe? or should it just be automatic? if the roll a 6 they get an additional unit...but could be unfair.

it would continue until they can get their entire army in. the game would end once all remaining opponents are dead or say somebody captures 75% objective something like that.

what do you guys think...could this work? would it be fun?

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like the idea, it might need a bit of "bug testing" like most new things, but I think you might be on to something interesting here.
what do you think could be buggy? can see where potential issues would be..most of my guys are pretty lenient and dont care much..just want to play for fun

·
Thordis
2,442 Posts
what do you think could be buggy? can see where potential issues would be..most of my guys are pretty lenient and dont care much..just want to play for fun
at first sight I didnt notice much of anythign that could be buggy, more what I meant was, that you need to playtest it, and if anything is buggy/unballanced. that is the point that you will notice it.

if it works I would love to see a full rule set tho

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
at first sight I didnt notice much of anythign that could be buggy, more what I meant was, that you need to playtest it, and if anything is buggy/unballanced. that is the point that you will notice it.

if it works I would love to see a full rule set tho
no worries...lets see what i can come up with...or just how bad i can screw it up hehehe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts