1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Unexpected free DLC and sudden bug fixes for this makes me think we will be seeing a Dawn of War III announcement at E3 this year. :)

Reactions: Zion

·
Thordis
2,443 Posts
Unexpected free DLC and sudden bug fixes for this makes me think we will be seeing a Dawn of War III announcement at E3 this year. :)
don't jump the gun there man, you might jinx it.

in all seriously tho, I REALY REALY HOPE they are making a DoW III

(or maybe just maybe a new DoW II Expansion.. but lets hope for DoW III)

·
Registered
455 Posts
https://youtu.be/NNc242mbiUs

DoW is the most flufftastic of the computer games. The scripting is near perfect.
"Inevitably many shall fault the hands which felled Typhon. The Ordo Malleus. But the Inquisition merely performs the duty of it's office. To further fear them is redundent. To hate them...heretical. Those more sensible will place reponsibility with those who forced the hands of the Inquisition. With some fortune they may foster this hatred into purpose and further rule their own fate by coming to the Emperor's service.

Inquisition blows up your planet. Don't be angry at them. Instead, love the Emperor and focus your anger into a xenos killing rage. Now that's some real Grimdarkthink.

What I didn't like at the end of Space Marine was that damn Guardswoman daring to question the Inquisition. I bet they purged her heretical ass once the game was over. Also, in the intro to SM the very first thing they suggest is exterminatus. FLUFF ALERT! You don't exterminatus a planet as the first choice. I mean, sending in a couple of Space Marines was their last fucking choice. derp.

So yeah, bring on some more DoW3. Relic have shown that they know 40k and they can do it right.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Wow I haven't played that in a while. Well, Necron Overlord is a great a reason to go back.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
DoW is quite clearly the best WH40k game but I prefer DoW 1's game style over DoW 2, basically I hope DoW 3 to have larger and bigger units.:grin:
I personally hope for a little of both mixed together

·
Registered
455 Posts
I went back to play the 1st DoW games. I found them insanely boring compared to DoW2.

Grrr...there are Eldar, they need to die!
Build base. Spam strongest units. Kill everything.
Grrr...there are Orks, they need to die!
Grrr...there are Chaos, they need to die!
It was so repetative and easy. You didn't even need to think.

As Eldar I would either fill a few falcons with firedragons and just fly right into their base (which would level the base and win me the game in a few minutes) or, if they had stronger defenses, just send in fireprisms to jump in and out of the enemies base until they were all dead. That tactic worked with EVERY SINGLE enemy on the DoW expansions. I essentially beat the entire game doing that.

With SM you just spam termies and tanks and you've pretty much automatically won.

I loved it when I first played it. But upon revisiting it I found it to be dreadfully dull.

I muuuuuuch prefer DoW2.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I Got this the second it was available. Necron Lord is pretty fun. And a tad bit OP. Which suits me just fine.

Also on the track of which DoW I prefer. I love DoW I for its base building and bigger battles, also Mods. Really good mods for that game. Especially one that adds apocalypse units.

DoW II felt too much like CoH, which is ok. But I prefer bigger battles, which is were DoW 2 lets me down. Last Stand is fun though.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wish I could try the Overlord, but my plastic piece of !*"* computer won't £^!"ing let me!!!

LotN

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Get it now whilst it's still free, even if you cant play it yet.
Already did. Just means another reason, among many, for me to get a new computer in the next two months.

LotN

1 - 20 of 26 Posts