Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts

Deep inside I fear they will just troll us and release a new Last Stand map for Dawn of War II.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Also if that ends up being true I didn't do it.
Considering the insensate rage I may fly in to at such an announcement, I'll probably hold you responsible.

Apologies in advance.

Here's hoping for a solid successor to the first and/or second titles. I enjoyed both for different reasons, and they are very different games. I just hope they don't extend the "Hey, we made the second one completely differently from the first and it was still a success!" logic a little too far.

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Ouh my. That was metal as fuck.

Steam page is also up.

About This Game
Step into a brutal battle between three warring factions

In Dawn of War® III you will have no choice but to face your foes when a catastrophic weapon is found on the mysterious world of Acheron.

With war raging and the planet under siege by the armies of greedy Ork warlord Gorgutz, ambitious Eldar seer Macha, and mighty Space Marine commander Gabriel Angelos, supremacy must ultimately be suspended for survival.

UNLEASH THE GIANTS

Take control of towering war machines and tip the balance of battle in your favor with the biggest characters in Dawn of War history. Turn the tide with the mighty Imperial Knight (Space Marine), the clattering Gorkanaut (Ork), or the haunting Wraithknight (Eldar).

COLOSSAL BATTLES

Dawn of War is famous for its epic action and those immense clashes are back - but now they're off-the-scale. Wage war with massive armies across violent volcanic terrain or onboard battlecruisers travelling fast through space.

CALL UP YOUR ELITE

Take your battle plans to another level by deploying powerful collectible elite squads, each boasting their own special abilities and bonuses that will help you unlock and develop new attacking strategies to conquer your foes.

DESTRUCTIVE ABILITIES

Cause devastation on the battlefield with powerful super-abilities. Rain down total destruction on your enemies with the Space Marine's Orbital Bombardment, the Eldar's blistering Eldritch Storm or the Ork’s Rokks to counter your unsuspecting rivals.

THREE-FACTION CAMPAIGN

Learn what makes each force formidable through alternating missions. You'll soon come to understand the combat advantages of Space Marines, Orks, and Eldar and the rules of a universe with no heroes or villains… only war.

ONE ARMY TO RULE

Build your own universal army from the very first moment you are matched in a melee. Progress through battle after battle with loyal troops by your side across both challenging campaign missions and dominating multiplayer maps.

A NEW DAWN ONLINE

Your army will wreak havoc in online co-operative mode. Join the multiplayer community and forge new alliances - then turn the tables on your new 'friends' as they become foes in explosive, chaotic and competitive maps.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Interesting that they're only leading with 3. Of course, we all know that more races will follow in expansions and DLC, but interesting that they went with 3 rather than the usual 4. But hey, Starcraft has only 3 and nobody bitched about that.

I am already reading huge amounts of bawwwing that there is no Chaos/Tyranids/Tau/Necrons.
Can't anyone just be happy for 5 minutes without bitching like entitled little kids?
Besides, why would anyone want to be Tau? They suck! ;-)

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
PC Gamer is spilling some goodies along with a few screenshots from the game itself.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
PC Gamer is spilling some goodies along with a few screenshots from the game itself.

*snip*
Oh...
I've suddenly become very disappointed. What's with the TF2 Cell Shaded textures? Are they trying to go for a Godus look? Perhaps it looks better in action. But why would you go from the cool, gritty detail of DoW2 to something that looks like it was made by Disney?

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
Oh...
I've suddenly become very disappointed. What's with the TF2 Cell Shaded textures? Are they trying to go for a Godus look? Perhaps it looks better in action. But why would you go from the cool, gritty detail of DoW2 to something that looks like it was made by Disney?
Bear in mind this has just been announced. The end graphics won't be anything close to that.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Bear in mind this has just been announced. The end graphics won't be anything close to that.
I will believe you because I want you to be right. But if you compare it to the first screenshots they released when DoW2 was announced, there's a big difference.

This is one of the first screens they released for DoW2. Pretty well polished. So it's odd that they'd release something untextured. But anyway, I'm sure you're right and Relic haven't gone insane.

http://s2.n4g.com/newssi/131238_0_org.jpg

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Oh...
This looks like its very much work in progress, as there is no shading whatsoever going on and the characters are not even properly animated. Note how almost all the characters are standing in the same poses and all.
It is also not coming out before 2017, so there is still plenty of time to polish up the texture work. :)

·
Registered
626 Posts
I too thought that the textures were a little odd. I think the vehicles like the Imperial Knight and Wave Serpent look fine, but the soldier and character models leave a little to be desired. However, I'm withholding judgement until gameplay videos, the screenshots might not be doing it justice. And like you say, Doelago, there's plenty of time to work on them:).

Overall, I'm hyped.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts