Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently built a Chaos Banebalde variant called the HELLVULCAN!
its a standard banblade with no side sponsons (side armour 14) hull mounted Demolisher cannon, twin linked heavy bolter and a VULCAN MEGA BOLTER!
i pointed this out based on the experimental rules for the marcarius vulcan for weapon points replacing the twin battle cannon compaired too the baneblade cannon. I pointed it out at 550 points just wondering if this sounds fair. i would love to hear your input as this will influance my next big build!
Thnks

·
Registered
68 Posts
Sinister I think its fair. Especially since I seen the points for other baneblade varients in Imperial Armour: Apocolapse. Cant wait ta squish it with my Stompa! All that ammo.... its gotta 'splode good!:fuck:

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
I did something similar a bit ago-- check out the Warblade Superheavy Tank thread further down on the Apocalypse page. 500 points has been a pretty fair cost-- you could probably drop yours down to 500 as well and not have any problems, particularly since you're not mounting sponsons.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well the warblade its pretty snazz but its kinda cheese for points cost my regular enemy's would complain too no end about the points i origonaly wanted mine to be bs 4 with the commisar rule for 590 they freeked the hellstorm gun's u are using are the biggest cheese. the points your using is a bit low i think. might work in your circle though.
long live ChAOS

·
Registered
368 Posts
That is nice, like the colour scheme as well. Though if it were me for the main turret there would be a toothed maw with the vulcans residing in it, but its down to personal taste.

550 is fair in my opinon. You are using a BS 4 baneblade with a 15 shot vulcan mega bolter. You'll be getting more hits than the macharius counterpart stats wise somewhere in the region of 9/10. The macharius vulcanian pattern costs 80 pts more than its battle cannon mounted variant and 40 pts more than its vanquisher variant and so a price increase upon the baneblade superheavy to mount this weapon seems to be about right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts