Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Dark Vengeance Dark Angels Company Master and Librarian Conversion query?

2K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  Beaker 
#1 ·
I have 3 sets of Dark Angel Company Masters and Librarians from the Dark Vengeance set and was looking for ideas on the best weapon swaps I could use on some of them?

1 of each will be left in its original condition.

1 of the librarians will be converted onto one of the Ravenwing bike squad. I had thought of using a power maul or mace of redemption.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated - thanks in advance

#2 ·
I feel like the chapter master will be a tough sell of getting a new weapon on him without it looking silly if you don't use a new chest plate and try to position his arms differently. Much cutting. I head swapped mine to use as Azrael, used his fancy helmet on the mungrin from the Deathwing set as his bearer. The librarian is easy enough, his sword arm is a separate bit. He'd be cool to see a force axe on, for when you want that AP2 instant death action.

#3 ·
Thanks ntaw

I will probably do the Azrael conversion as I have a watcher in the dark figure from the terminators set I could convert. I will change the weapon on the 2 spare librarians as well as this would be an easy conversion. Any other ideas on weapon choice or is the force axe the way to go for both standing and the bike version? - I'll be getting the new assault squad so will be getting some new cc weapons in it as I don't have many in my bits box.

#4 ·
Well, he gets a free force weapon as a librarian which means staff (S+2, AP4), axe (S+1, AP2 unwieldy), or a sword (AP3). Being someone who has dented hundreds of MEQ helmets with a crozius or staff without kills, I prefer the sword and axe. The axe is a tricky one to play though, since you're striking last with a model that has no invulnerable save and may very well be in a challenge, but since you're going to be T5 I'd wager you'll be OK with most opponents. I never bother paying any points for an extra weapon on top of the force weapon.

#5 ·
Thanks again for your advice ntaw.

I'll go with the force axe (when I get one) for the librarian on foot and maybe just keep the sword for the Ravenwing bike mounted one. I saw a model with a shield do you think that is a good idea or not?

#6 ·
Since he can't take a storm shield and a combat shield is a 6++ I'd likely put a conversion field on him for the extra save or have him in a ravenwing command squad for FnP from the apothecary.

No worries on the advice, that's what forums are for...just keep my signature in mind :eek:k:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.