Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I feel like the chapter master will be a tough sell of getting a new weapon on him without it looking silly if you don't use a new chest plate and try to position his arms differently. Much cutting. I head swapped mine to use as Azrael, used his fancy helmet on the mungrin from the Deathwing set as his bearer. The librarian is easy enough, his sword arm is a separate bit. He'd be cool to see a force axe on, for when you want that AP2 instant death action.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Well, he gets a free force weapon as a librarian which means staff (S+2, AP4), axe (S+1, AP2 unwieldy), or a sword (AP3). Being someone who has dented hundreds of MEQ helmets with a crozius or staff without kills, I prefer the sword and axe. The axe is a tricky one to play though, since you're striking last with a model that has no invulnerable save and may very well be in a challenge, but since you're going to be T5 I'd wager you'll be OK with most opponents. I never bother paying any points for an extra weapon on top of the force weapon.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Since he can't take a storm shield and a combat shield is a 6++ I'd likely put a conversion field on him for the extra save or have him in a ravenwing command squad for FnP from the apothecary.

No worries on the advice, that's what forums are for...just keep my signature in mind :eek:k:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts