Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
161 - 175 of 175 Posts

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Ok new submissions from me. These ones only work if we decide to use Malal in the army. Basically its a predominatly black with one arm being done in black and white (Malal's colours) and the other shoulder pad with legion symbol. White trim for half the shoulder pad, black trim for the other half, the actual shoulder pad its self is the same execpt for the colours are reveresed so it should look a little like:

----------B W
--------BW BW
------BWW BBW
----BWWW BBBW
--BWWWW BBBBBW
BWWWWW BBBBBBBW
BWWWWW BBBBBBBW
BWWWWW BBBBBBBW
BWWWWW BBBBBBBW
BWWWWW BBBBBBBW
BWWWWW BBBBBBBW
BBBBBBBB WWWWWW

Crude I know but you get the message. Also Malal's symbol would be in the center. The Legion symbol goes on the other arm. The rest of the arm could be done in what ever combination of B&W we like.

From there I have just expanded upon the Screen shot I made using the B&C painter. All trim (which isn't shown in the B&C painter) would be done in the same way as the DOW version i.e. boltgun metal or dark metal. I've done two versions of the chapter symbol arm: one with green and one with red seeing as they seem to be rather reacurring colours. The reason I havn't done a red helmet was because it looked bloody awful.

Note those black shoulder pads would be done in the halved colour scheme shown above.

They are simple yet bloody effective especially with the arm B&W and easy enough for all levels to paint. For those who want fancy you could do freehand text on the legs in white or boltgun.

Once again these submissions only stand if we go Malal.

·
Links Manager
1,007 Posts
Damn, just to many cool colourschems to choose from. How about we recruit 5-10 people to paint up a test model in one of the various cool colourschemes. Right now they all look good, but that might be very different once they are applied to a chaos mini.

Something like 5-6 people paint up the mini (or multiple minis) by the end of next week and then people get to the end of the week after that to cast their vote.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Ok am willing to paint up these 2 before the weekend (since i'm doing some tutorials tomorrow why not).

These are the 5 i think are the best:

Personally these are the best colour schemes so far, to me they scream evil or tainted. Which is what a CSM scheme should be.

I also have an idea for a scheme aswell - will jsut paint it as sorry i can't be bothered mucking around with the online painter.

(n.b these may end up in loyalist armour depending what i have lying around).

·
Links Manager
1,007 Posts
I'll try to get 2-3 done this week as well, think I'll try my hand at some of the more excotic colour schemes;

Probabaly one of these three;

161 - 175 of 175 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.