Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has been going on for ages now, and we haven't made any progress in ages. Some members have done a lot for the Dark Talons, some have done nothing. That is fine, if you don't wanna get involved then that's fine, but I would have thought that out of a total 25,702 members we would have enough willing to complete a project such as this.

So my question is - is anyone actually interested in finally completing the Dark Talons? I am more than willing to finish them off, and I will oversee the predecings if no-one else wants to.

So yeah, anyone going to help finish them off? We are pretty close to the end now I believe!

·
Registered
697 Posts
I just signed up yesterday, but I have been wanting to make a new Chapter, renegade or not, if you get me up to speed I can do some stuff, have a lot of credit for Battle Wagon bits, not a whole lot of money though other than that

·
Registered
667 Posts
I just joined but i would be ready and willing to help out

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
but I would have thought that out of a total 25,702 members we would have enough willing to complete a project such as this.

So my question is - is anyone actually interested in finally completing the Dark Talons? I am more than willing to finish them off, and I will oversee the predecings if no-one else wants to.
As was explained to me some time ago when I originally tried to do this very thing; the Dark Talons are designed to be an ongoing project. At some points it might be so that the army is at a good point, but it will forever be incomplete.

At least thats how it was explained to me; who knows, maybe after some time such a thing has changed.

·
Registered
697 Posts
What does this project even constist of? I have read all the fluff and everything, but what else needs to be done? An army?

I think the colors could be changed a bit personally, they would be sweet for a loyalist chapter but for chaos and from what I've read, they need to be darker and more ornate (as they used to be affiliated with Khorne, they should probably have varying reds of some sort, or be filthy and not well kept)

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I just signed up yesterday, but I have been wanting to make a new Chapter, renegade or not, if you get me up to speed I can do some stuff, have a lot of credit for Battle Wagon bits, not a whole lot of money though other than that
Well, as this is a big project, I will have to go through all the threads (great lol) and try and sort it into a more readable to-do list. All I can suggest at the moment is reading through the characters, the codex, and their fluff. We do need to write a new codex though, I remember 'Zondarian' asking for that, but I haven't seen him online in a while...

As was explained to me some time ago when I originally tried to do this very thing; the Dark Talons are designed to be an ongoing project. At some points it might be so that the army is at a good point, but it will forever be incomplete.

At least thats how it was explained to me; who knows, maybe after some time such a thing has changed.
Hmm...it seems to me that a project should ultimately come to an end. Sure, we can update it once it is finished (like patches to a game) but still I would have thought we wold reach some-what of an end.

I have been following it for a while, I dont know what exactly needs to be done, but I am willing to help.
Great, good to have you on board. Just read through the more recent fluff posts, characters and codex (first page of threads should do it, maybe 2nd as well) and get a feel for them.
I just joined but i would be ready and willing to help out
Great, same to as as Lord Sven Kittyclaw then!

I do know we need painted models, which we can include in in the codex, like a galary, pictures of a battle etc. We need conversions for the main characters (like master retrave), we need to work a new codex, we need to finalise some HQ's, we need to finalise the other troops, elite, fast attack and haevy support option...those are the onse of the top of my head :)

What does this project even constist of? I have read all the fluff and everything, but what else needs to be done? An army?

I think the colors could be changed a bit personally, they would be sweet for a loyalist chapter but for chaos and from what I've read, they need to be darker and more ornate (as they used to be affiliated with Khorne, they should probably have varying reds of some sort, or be filthy and not well kept)
They are chaos undivided (not khorne worshippers) I believe. What do you not like about them? Their symbol is chaos-y, they black and blue works very nice, and it is different to have the white that they have in there. On DoW i craeted them but I replaced the bright white with a more rotting flesh/green look that looks pretty sweet.

·
Registered
697 Posts
They are chaos undivided (not khorne worshippers) I believe. What do you not like about them? Their symbol is chaos-y, they black and blue works very nice, and it is different to have the white that they have in there. On DoW i craeted them but I replaced the bright white with a more rotting flesh/green look that looks pretty sweet.
Rotting flesh would be awesome - it isn't that I don't like the scheme, it is very cool, I just think it could look more Chaos. The Symbol is definitely chaotic as well. Post up a pic of the one you did in rotting flesh - soundsl ike a cool idea. It would also be cool to incorporate Fabius Bile into the mix as he is somewhat of a wanderer. He could have done some experimentations that would support the fluff of them being hard to kill. This could also add some stuff to modeling them in the form of viles and such (their fairly cheap off of battlewagon bits, I think viles come in one of the Dark Angel sprues)

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rotting flesh would be awesome - it isn't that I don't like the scheme, it is very cool, I just think it could look more Chaos. The Symbol is definitely chaotic as well. Post up a pic of the one you did in rotting flesh - soundsl ike a cool idea. It would also be cool to incorporate Fabius Bile into the mix as he is somewhat of a wanderer. He could have done some experimentations that would support the fluff of them being hard to kill. This could also add some stuff to modeling them in the form of viles and such (their fairly cheap off of battlewagon bits, I think viles come in one of the Dark Angel sprues)
I will post one up when I have finished, but I doubt it will change to be honest. It was a forum decision on the colour scheme, and that's what it is, a forum project.

If more than one person would like to do this, if we get enough people to make it a little more chaos-y, then sure we can do a vote. Otherwise it would be best to leave it how it is and work on the areas that do need more improvement :)

·
Registered
697 Posts
I will post one up when I have finished, but I doubt it will change to be honest. It was a forum decision on the colour scheme, and that's what it is, a forum project.

If more than one person would like to do this, if we get enough people to make it a little more chaos-y, then sure we can do a vote. Otherwise it would be best to leave it how it is and work on the areas that do need more improvement :)
I completely agree, didn't necessarily want to come into this section and change everything around 3 days after I signed up haha, was just giving my opinion. It could also be that so far I have only seen one example of the scheme, it would probably grow on me if I saw a squad or HQ choice or a tank. I will look around. Definitely post yours up here though when you finish it up!

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sure man, when I get a little bored of painting my Iron Snakes and need something different, I'll have a go.

Meanwhile, if you or anyone else would like to look through the threads (just the 1st page should do) and offer any help, it would be much appreciated...

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Great!

Before you can really help you'll have to go through the threads we already have to bring you up to date, and have a flick through the codex pdf as well.

At the moment I'm trying to sort out our HQ choices, but no-one has given any feedback yet :(

·
Registered
675 Posts
Well there have been multiple issues as to why this project has not been finished and I won't bother wasting anyone's time explaining them all.

However the number one problem is that the Vision of Heresy is not anyone's top project, even for those who had claimed the title of project leader.

If anyone really wants to get it finished they are more then likely gonna have to set other projects aside and make some final decisions.

I could piece together all that is finished from my notes into one thread, so that no one has to go hunting through everything to know whats going on.

·
We fly for the Emperor!
201 Posts
Great!

Before you can really help you'll have to go through the threads we already have to bring you up to date, and have a flick through the codex pdf as well.

At the moment I'm trying to sort out our HQ choices, but no-one has given any feedback yet :(
Well, I have given a try on the HQ, please read it :grin:

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
I’ve got an idea for a fiction, incorporating the structure which Imntdead (Which was well done, however my comment was noobish, so don't look it up.. :p) offered us a while back, in one of the threads. It’ll be quite long, but obviously some people won’t like the way in which I portray the characters. I think most of them should be right, due to them being nothing more by names, and I’d like to further develop the more famed characters. Would anyone like to see such a fiction, by any chance?

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I’ve got an idea for a fiction, incorporating the structure which Imntdead (Which was well done, however my comment was noobish, so don't look it up.. :p) offered us a while back, in one of the threads. It’ll be quite long, but obviously some people won’t like the way in which I portray the characters. I think most of them should be right, due to them being nothing more by names, and I’d like to further develop the more famed characters. Would anyone like to see such a fiction, by any chance?
Well there have been multiple issues as to why this project has not been finished and I won't bother wasting anyone's time explaining them all.

However the number one problem is that the Vision of Heresy is not anyone's top project, even for those who had claimed the title of project leader.

If anyone really wants to get it finished they are more then likely gonna have to set other projects aside and make some final decisions.

I could piece together all that is finished from my notes into one thread, so that no one has to go hunting through everything to know whats going on.
I say go for it to the both of you :)

·
Registered
675 Posts
I say go for it to the both of you :)
I suggest that all of the unit and HQ ideas are put into one single thread, so that we can see it more easily. And also notes about things that we are going to do, because this project seems interesting to me, but a little......disorganized.
I am piecing everything that was finished for one thread so expect a posting within the next 24 hours :eek:k:

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
There is actually a thread for the current HQ's called 'Current HQ's'...:p

It's got the confired ones in, but I haven't put the new ones in this thread in yet as they are not official yet.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts