Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
26/February/2007 - New Launch Date for Dark Heresy
February 26th, 2006 (Nottingham, England): Black Industries, the creators of Warhammer 40,000 Roleplay, announce a later than planned release date for the launch product Dark Heresy. The first releases in this roleplaying line will now hit the shelves in February 2008.

Marc Gascoigne, head of Black Industries, says, ‘We are very passionate about this game, and want to do everything in our power to make sure it is as sensational as possible. We know players have waited years for this game and we’re not going to disappoint them by rushing it out before it’s ready. I am confident that in February we will launch a game that will surpass everyone’s expectations.’

Fans will not have to wait until February to get their hands on the rules, however. Black Industries are preparing a free demo booklet of cut down rules to be given away at Gen Con Indy in August. It’ll also be available as a free download exclusively from the BI website.

In addition, Black Industries have released more information on the Warhammer 40,000 Roleplay releases planned for 2008.

* Feb 08 Dark Heresy - Core Rules
Dark Heresy GM’s Screen
Dark Heresy Character Folio
* March 08 Purge the Unclean - Adventure Selection
* May 08 The Inquisitor’s Armoury - Sourcebook
* June 08 The Acolyte’s Handbook - Expanded Players’ Rules
* Sept 08 Disciples of the Dark Gods - Chaos Worshippers Sourcebook

More information on all these exciting products can be found on the Black Industries website. It’s updated monthly with exclusive information, sneak peeks and more.

http://www.blackindustries.com/?template=BI&content=newslist&newsitem=234

·
Registered
821 Posts
>> Yep. I got this as my wallpaper. Tis cool, but the logo could do wi being a bit smaller.

·
Registered
368 Posts
i remember seeing this a gamesday like 3 years ago. I certainly want to get it whether it will be a practical investment i dont know (aka will i ever use it?).

·
Registered
821 Posts
>> Been looking at stuff on Black Industries site, and it would seem you play as an inquisitor or a member of his retinue. Could be cool.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I've always figured that was the only way to have any sort of freedom to travel in the 40k universe. Only inquisitors and their retinues can do whatever they want.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I'm kicking my game off in a month, gotta wait until Valentines to have my own copy of the book. I did manage to have a look through a mates copy yesterday though, and I'm really stoked about starting, it looks like a really easy system to learn.

Dragonlover

·
Registered
79 Posts
Damn! You guys heard about the stoppage of Dark Heresy line in september?

Sorry, if I missed your posts concerning it..just too shocked..
Like, the Collectors Edition sold out in 6 minutes and they decide to stop the product line..freaks..

·
Registered
203 Posts
I posted about it in the News section. I'm pretty pissed off about it, but at the same time I've got the core rules available so the sky is the limit for homebrewing. It's not like I need sourcebooks to tell me the backstory of 40K really, is it?

Dragonlover

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I posted about it in the News section. I'm pretty pissed off about it, but at the same time I've got the core rules available so the sky is the limit for homebrewing. It's not like I need sourcebooks to tell me the backstory of 40K really, is it?

Dragonlover
That IS true. If you've got the mainbook, the rest is really icing on the cake.

Honestly, I'm a sucker for splatbooks, and will try and score the whole set (just picked up the WFRP Bestiary yesterday actually. 2nd printing. Finally!)

What I believe will happen is that the BI properties will be licensed out to another company sometime this year. I can't imagine something selling so well, and getting so many awards will simply die suddenly without being licensed out first. Maybe my own hopes are bleeding through there.

·
Banned
677 Posts
I just picked up the core rulebok today! 50USD! Great Ulthwe's anus, thats pricey!
It's heartbreaking to wait so long for the release only to have the line ended so fast.. I'm sure the sales with bring about a new License Contract with the creators, probably just released as a Black Library product with the same writers.
I also have the collection of WFRP, even though I only played it once, LOL. A local hobby shop closed down a bit ago and gave me all the WFRP books for practically nothing.

Weren't they supposed to make a Rogue Trader supplement and a Marine supplement, or even separate rulebooks? I'd rather be a rogue trader, to remove the gung-ho 'go emperor!' necessity. Sad.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts