Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Pally-HO!!!!
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey has anyone got an online party of DH going? i think that would be awesome if someone could work it out...who better to 40k RP with than a bunch of other 40k peeps!!
if anyone knows how to do this or if anyone already has one going, pls lemme know i read the entire book, made my character and im dying to play

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
I second this. Is anyone up to heading a DH campaign online here on Heresy? We've had several members join for that purpose.

I don't have the book, nor will I in the near future, but I'd love to see some action going.

·
Registered
16 Posts
So what would be expected of the person who would be running the game?

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
To simply DM the game as they would if they were in their own home, just here online. Mainly, someone needs to have the rules handy and be willing to arbitrate disagreements within the RP and keep it rollin'.

Don't look at me, lol, I suck at RPs now... Never have finished an online one.

·
Registered
800 Posts
How do you evan play? is there no models involved?

·
Registered
800 Posts
Can it be any character hesp?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think I can get the dark Heresy book, but as I've never played It I think someone else with more experience would be better.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Haha i want to make my own character sounds fun, but i have no idea how to play or use this game.

·
Banned
45 Posts
wow, you people are pretty clueless...

Ever heard of D&D? It's just like that, with 40k backround history. You don't choose an army, you choose what homeworld you're from, and what job you do. You work for the inquisition, and that's about it.

·
Banned
45 Posts
The company who printed the book has currently discontinued the making of the rulebook. Although, another company is in the process of picking up the copywrite for the book so they can begin reprinting it, untill then...it probably will be hard to find in stores.

·
Registered
368 Posts
If it pleases the court, Alexander for the position of GM? I have the book on order and it will be here by thursday so i am told. I have GM'd D&D before all be it that was about 3 years ago so i'm probably rusty as hell. I've been wanting back into the hobby for a while now so therefore wouldnt be against giving this a go at all.

Problems are A) I have no idea if it plays exactly like D&D and therefore may need time to get aquainted with the tweaks in the rules
B) I've never GM'd over the net. I guess its the same as GMing up close just a much slower process?

Other than that i dont see any foreseeable problems. If there are people willing to play i'm just as willing to GM.

As far as i understand from what parts of the rules have been explained to me character creation is completely a random affair. You choose your name and starting weapons but thats all. Homeworld, Backstory, attributes and such are all dice rolled. Sort of like the beginning of character creation for D&D but far more is left to random allocation.

Your homeworld/Backstory/what class you choose decides your vital stats but also how many 'fate points' you get which is sort of like vitality in D&D. Basically it bails your ass out of the fire if your about to get killed EG You expend a fate point to turn a bullet thats about to go through your head into just a graze.

We'll know more when i have the book in my possession. Hopefully then i'll write something more in depth.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts