Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so as the title suggests, this is going to be a dark elf project log. But before the army can begin to be made battle ready dawning their colours... i need to figure out a working colourscheme. Currently, I have done up a test model from a corsair. do not mind the unfinished job, as I am still debating on colours. I am done the dragonscale cloak though.

Thoughts and ideas about the armor would be greatly Appreciated.

·
Mad as a sack of Squigs
2,035 Posts
The colours of the cloak work well, the bright blue not so much. Silver or Gold lining would look good on the armour, or black with a dark blue highlight for Black Leather Armour

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
The revised scheme works much better than the first, but the colors are still too saturated for dark elves.
Are you planning some washes over this to darken things down?

If yes, then you might be fine.
If no, then you may want to pick less bright saturated colors

·
Registered
313 Posts
I personally find the colour on the skin a little strange; the cloak and armour is looking allright, it is mostly the bodyparts that not really works. The face and hair could really use some wash of some kind.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so i decided i really liked how the purple green turned out on the cloak, and it gave me an idea for the armor... i actually kinda like it:

yes. this is the beginnings of one of the new dark elf kits.

·
Jeepers
1,354 Posts
Okay first question, whats the cloak from?

I love the cloak colours. I really like the Blue armour. In the first pic I didn't think it went with the cloak at all, but in the second post now that the brown has gone, I actually think it suits the cloak in a weird way I'm not sure how to explain I just know that I like.

Did you use GW blues? If so which ones?

And in the first post the armour is shiny, is that intention with gloss? Or just camera accident?

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
its the paints i use, Vallejo game colour. that made it shiny, needed to matte it down with a blue wash.

edit:

As for the cloak, i used snot green game colour highlighted with scorpion green game colour, dark purple wash (I use leviathian GW wash that no longer exists) to try and give it an indiresent appearance without actually makeing it indiresent.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the new dark elf warriors are actually quite highly detailed compared to their former counter parts, even if the basic design changed only very little, the spear heads all being straight finally is a massive imrpovement, and the repeater bolt throwers of the new models look better. plus you cant see it very well, because im giving them black hair, but theres hair coming out down out of the helmets, due to elves having long hair, its awesome bit of extra detail.

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
While I'm not a big fan of the two color system you have going, the style in which you are doing the green is very interesting! What have you decided on basing wise?

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
and kinda fits in with the way my DE have that purple radiance to them due to the wash, Im thinking I might add another wash to them still, a more opaque purple that would strike out abit more watered down so it only hits the cracks.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts